RANT - BRING BACK COTTON T SHIRTS

9 watchers
Jan 2013
9:40pm, 20 Jan 2013
13,504 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I ran a series of four marathons last year, for about as much in total as I paid this year to enter Brighton.

We got a plaque for completing, and I seem to recall a Mars bar after one of them.

Ran another off-road "marathon" and got a certificate and soup. Entry was about five quid.

I'm perfectly happy with that. Pay less and race more, rather than collecting tat.
Jan 2013
11:01pm, 20 Jan 2013
570 posts
  •  
goldbeetle
You cant please everyone
I have been mulling this race gift thing over for a while
You run in our marathon or 10k you get a good medal and a tech tshirt with a pic of a Giant with a massive erection, if you dont like them give them back and we will give them to someone else.
as for advertising Ive told any potential sponsors in advance no names on the shirts.
Fro our point of view shirts are a form of advertising you wear it running you are promoting us. its also a form of "hey look what Ive run" I wear my Southdowns mara tshrt to the gym to make me look ace. Might get winner printed on the back for a laugh.

Anyway does anyone know where we can get Buffs or Buff alikes made???
Jan 2013
6:17am, 21 Jan 2013
68,249 posts
  •  
santababy
tech t shirts are useable! :)
Jan 2013
7:00am, 21 Jan 2013
8,303 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
Not if they don't fit Santa!

Plus I'm fussy and I only like tops with a zip neck otherwise I feel like I'm being strangled!
Jan 2013
7:58am, 21 Jan 2013
10,725 posts
  •  
*jono*
if I didn't get cotton T's from races I'd have nothing to wear with my jeans.............................................................................
Jan 2013
7:59am, 21 Jan 2013
10,726 posts
  •  
*jono*
Oh and wearing Tech T's with jeans would look Gay, should only be worn when running..................................................................
Jan 2013
8:18am, 21 Jan 2013
256 posts
  •  
Sazzleflip
Nothing wrong with looking gay Jono!
Jan 2013
8:18am, 21 Jan 2013
2,561 posts
  •  
lazydaisy
Best goody bag contained a small plastic Shotz bottle, which is small enough to fit in a running pouch or back pocket but carries just enough water for me to sip when I'm out.

Prize for so near yet so far memento - a pair of bright red fleecy gloves :-) which came in one size only - humongous :-(

Prize for useful but smirk inducing memento - a mini roll of Andrex loo paper :-)

Otherwise, no cotton T's thanks, I have enough to wear while decorating to see me through decades of stripping and painting :-)
Jan 2013
8:20am, 21 Jan 2013
257 posts
  •  
Sazzleflip
If I get tech tee's that I won't wear then I give them to a friend that can't afford to buy tech tees. Although I like them, you can't beat a medal :-) I wouldn't wear a cotton tee apart from an amazing one from the NYE Ely 10K this year.
Jan 2013
8:24am, 21 Jan 2013
13,506 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I've said on here a few times. I'd rather pay a few quid less, but get a distinctive race number with the race name and year on it and a chance to download some photographs of me running, for free. Those will do me as mementos.

About This Thread

Maintained by M62 Santa
Race organisers, yes tech tees are fantastic, but I have 78 of them. Long sleeve, hi viz, big logos,...