Random ball of foot pain

6 watchers
Jan 2015
7:16pm, 10 Jan 2015
539 posts
  •  
Scooba Steve
ha ha, end of my third metatarsal - almost completely flat rather than a nice rounded profile to fit into the joint, which is why I get the pain in there.

They sent me down the podiatrist/orthotics route as well before I had the scan, clearly orthotics weren't going to help me!

A lot of research out there into 'natural' vs 'structured' shows out there now.
Jan 2015
11:14am, 14 Jan 2015
3,023 posts
  •  
clare1976
Thanks Scooba - ahh I see. I think mine is 'just' inflamed and a trip to the physio yesterday has given me stuff to work on. I need to get the inflammation down initially and work on the root cause. Have blogged more details mainly for my own reference if anybody is interested.
Jan 2015
11:07am, 15 Jan 2015
1,402 posts
  •  
Flibberty Jibbet
ah yes Scooba, very flat! Mine is similar but dips more in middle and the edge had broken off :-(, I agree whilst its manageable don't have surgery! I'm awaiting consultant follow up appointment to see what they suggest but certainly not rushing into having anything done, its ok for the time being!

Hope your appointment goes well Claire, feet are funny things aren't they lol

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by clare1976
Foot pain - metatarsal stress fracture, tendon damage, something else or just 'maranoia'?!