Random Back Of Knee Pain

1 watcher
Sep 2011
8:30pm, 11 Sep 2011
57 posts
  •  
The Chippie
Tried Chi Running tonight. Went out for a slow 5 miler. Found it very strange and it seemed quite hard work, not sure if I'm putting too much effort into picking my feet up to the rear. I seem to be landing on the balls of my feet as well. Anyone else have this problem? On the plus side I was able to control my Knee pain, although to do this I as running quite slow and found it difficult to run fast whilst Chi running. I WILL persevere
Sep 2011
8:44am, 14 Sep 2011
349 posts
  •  
Ian M
Chippie, landing on the balls of the feet I wouldn't class as a problem BUT the proponents of Chi running would tell you that you need to land on teh mid foot or that your foot should land all at the same time. Quite a moot point is that.

To get in to Chi, go to the Chi thread and ask for Mitch - she's an instructor and she should be able to help you.
Sep 2011
5:21pm, 14 Sep 2011
62 posts
  •  
The Chippie
Will do thanks Ian. I have been trying landing on flat feet, it is getting easier and I will keep persevering. I'm not sure which book to get, they have 2 on amazon, but they don't say which is the up to date one.
Sep 2011
8:46pm, 14 Sep 2011
350 posts
  •  
Ian M
Chippie, no problem mate. I hope you get it sorted.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by The Chippie
Occasionally when running I will get a pain behind my knee, it will come on very quickly and at any ...