Random Back Of Knee Pain

1 watcher
Sep 2011
8:55pm, 7 Sep 2011
50 posts
  •  
The Chippie
Tendons? Not another one, not long recovered with my Achilles on my other leg. Thanks for your help and interest Ian M, I think i will also visit a physio
Sep 2011
8:58pm, 7 Sep 2011
343 posts
  •  
Ian M
No problem Chippie. It's a point where a lot of stress is transmitted when you start wanging your leg about a bit too much. Basically that's what you are doing.
Sep 2011
9:00pm, 7 Sep 2011
65,834 posts
  •  
santababy
i had that pain, please beware,it started there, ended up front of knee and eventually i ended up with chronic back pain.

I will mention pose because i went on to study it a bit and then went on training weekend. I've let a lot of it slip, i'm far far from perfect *poser* but i've not been inured since

except when i've fell over :p
Sep 2011
9:40pm, 7 Sep 2011
20,695 posts
  •  
cabletow
lateral head gastroc ..... small tear possibly

stop running two weeks and see how it responds
Sep 2011
9:40pm, 7 Sep 2011
20,696 posts
  •  
cabletow
ian is right - that results from a technique fault
Sep 2011
9:59pm, 7 Sep 2011
51 posts
  •  
The Chippie
Thanks CT, could it be my foot wandering outwards? If I try and control this, do you think it will help? GNR next week CT, I haven't got 2 weeks, worried face.
Sep 2011
10:01pm, 7 Sep 2011
20,697 posts
  •  
cabletow
you need to allow the calves to relax as you run

if you can do this with every step you may get away with it

I would look at the Chi running thread - engage the core and land underneath yourself on a bent knee and you may be able to relax the calves as you run
Sep 2011
10:05pm, 7 Sep 2011
52 posts
  •  
The Chippie
Thanks CT, I'll give it a go
Sep 2011
8:52am, 8 Sep 2011
344 posts
  •  
Ian M
Ahhh, now I see. Small tear makes sense to me. As CT says you need to try and relax the feet and lower legs. I find it helpful to think flat feet. You don't actually run with flat feet but it helps me to relax the feet and calf area. Tension is the main problem with most folk. People tend to run how they think they should run rather than just letting it happen. Fall forwards, pick feet up as you go, let feet drop directly underneath you, resisting any temptation to point he toes or keep heels off ground, you don't need to do that, just let the foot land.
Sep 2011
1:24pm, 9 Sep 2011
53 posts
  •  
The Chippie
Can a small tear keep randomly appearing then? I'm going for a short run tonight just to try what you've advised. I'll keep you posted. How do you get into chi running?

About This Thread

Maintained by The Chippie
Occasionally when running I will get a pain behind my knee, it will come on very quickly and at any ...