Racing Abroad - medical certificate

3 watchers
Feb 2022
9:22pm, 23 Feb 2022
860 posts
  •  
stilldreaming
My friend's daughter bought her a place in the Paris half marathon for Christmas. She is a decent club runner who takes meds for blood pressure, but her GP won't sign the medical certificate for her. Can anyone advise what she can do, as she's starting to think that all her training will be for nothing 😕 Thanks.
Feb 2022
9:41pm, 23 Feb 2022
1,073 posts
  •  
Sam Jelfs
Not used them, but there are a number of online certification options such as sportsmedicalcertificates.com
Feb 2022
8:48am, 24 Feb 2022
861 posts
  •  
stilldreaming
Sam Jelfs Thanks, I'll pass that link on. It is also recommended by Sports Tours International, so hopefully a good option :-)
Feb 2022
8:57am, 24 Feb 2022
923 posts
  •  
The Mussile
For some events being a member of England Athletics or British Triathlon will cover the medical certification need. I don't know in this case though
Feb 2022
10:20am, 24 Feb 2022
1,529 posts
  •  
Big_G
Serpentine RC website have one.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by stilldreaming
My friend's daughter bought her a place in the Paris half marathon for Christmas. She is a decent club runner who takes meds for blood pressure, but her GP won't sign the medical certificate for her. Can anyone advise what she can do, as she's starting to think that all her training will be for nothing 😕 Thanks.