Race to the Stones 2015

6 watchers
Dec 2014
9:09pm, 22 Dec 2014
226 posts
  •  
mertonmum
Hi, has anyone signed up to this one yet? I have a charity place via Get Connected and it would be great to know if there are other Fetchies planning to give it a go. Would especially love to hear from anyone who did it last year. I'm planning to take two days, run/walking.
Dec 2014
7:04pm, 23 Dec 2014
181 posts
  •  
andy@6nwn
Signed up over the weekend, straight through option. Have not done this race but have done the reverse solo about four years ago. Did just under 86 miles.

Not yet figured out how I am going to get back to the car!
Dec 2014
7:04pm, 23 Dec 2014
182 posts
  •  
andy@6nwn
Signed up over the weekend, straight through option. Have not done this race but have done the reverse solo about four years ago. Did just under 86 miles.

Not yet figured out how I am going to get back to the car!
Dec 2014
10:52pm, 28 Dec 2014
227 posts
  •  
mertonmum
I haven't figured out any of the logistics yet either. Maybe some of the folks who did this last time might have clues...
Dec 2014
11:11pm, 28 Dec 2014
382 posts
  •  
scottdog
I'm doing it non-stop. Hopefully my wife will scrape me off the floor at the finish and take me to a hotel. Not done it before.
Jan 2015
9:44pm, 8 Jan 2015
228 posts
  •  
mertonmum
I'm impressed! Any other takers out there?
Apr 2015
1:56pm, 20 Apr 2015
1,403 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Lass
I'm doing the non-stop option - booked parking & shuttle at the finish and local b&b.

How's everyones training going?
Apr 2015
2:38pm, 20 Apr 2015
1,028 posts
  •  
teddy-o
The week before is the Ridgeway Relay which I'm doing.

Watch the bit from South Stoke to Bury Down (11 miles) - it is a KILLER - granted you won't be going as fast as people doing just 11 miles but its mostly up, up and up again.
Apr 2015
2:38pm, 20 Apr 2015
1,029 posts
  •  
teddy-o
ps I live very near the Ridgeway; might even come and support! :)
Apr 2015
3:42pm, 24 Apr 2015
11 posts
  •  
Woomi
Done it last year and while the whole race was very well organized, transportation is a bit of a nightmare, especially if you haven't got a car.
I stayed at a B+B in Beckhampton (about 1.5 miles from the finish) the night before and after and took the bus shuttle to the start.

Personally I think the shuttle to the start with own car/B+B near the finish is the better option than the other way around because it's about a 2 hour bus ride from the finish back to the start and that doesn't seem the ideal thing to do after running a 100km and you also might have to wait around at the finish for a while until the bus departs.
And for those running non-stop, bear in mind that the finish is more or less in the middle of nowhere so depending on when you finish the pub nearby might already be closed. They did give out free hot food and water at the finish last year though.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hi, has anyone signed up to this one yet? I have a charity place via Get Connected and it would be g...