Race the Train

3 watchers
Aug 2013
11:20pm, 18 Aug 2013
2,187 posts
  •  
sarabop
Echoed! I loved it so much I blogged. Fantastic race.
rhb
Aug 2013
11:29pm, 18 Aug 2013
648 posts
  •  
rhb
Nice one :)
Aug 2013
11:32pm, 18 Aug 2013
19,782 posts
  •  
ogee
Did you beat it then?
Aug 2013
7:01am, 19 Aug 2013
2,188 posts
  •  
sarabop
Not a chance hehe, see blog :-)
Aug 2013
1:55pm, 19 Aug 2013
936 posts
  •  
Running Beer
I did this...it was great fun. Anyone considering for next year should definitely do it. If you aren't considering it...you should be!

I managed to beat the train to the turnaround point. No chance I would beat it back though. Really fell apart on the way back as I hadn't trained for the distance and really wasn't ready for the mud/steepness/quantity of hills. Took 1hr11mins out and 1hr21mins back. Just took it steady back and enjoyed the scenery and tried to enjoy the running. Chatted to various people along the way who were all having a similarly good time despite the wind and rain.

We did Aberystwyth parkrun in the morning which probably slowed me down a bit towards the end but not by much. Mainly complete lack of fitness that slowed me down.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by sarabop
I see there are a fair few Fetchies racing the train tomorrow. Perhaps a mini meet? Any tips? Anyone...