Race Handicaps

2 watchers
Apr 2013
10:50pm, 3 Apr 2013
1,382 posts
  •  
Lisa T
We all now start together for our club handicap & it's nowhere near as much fun. :-( But yeah, I realise it's hard to manage.

I enjoyed the handicap race I did in January. I did have one awful moment where I realised I was the slowest in my batch & worried I'd end up being last though! Thankfully I did catch some in the end. I got overtaken by a black labrador though! ... and yes he was in the race! He was on the results & everything!
Apr 2013
7:19am, 4 Apr 2013
3 posts
  •  
raccyroo
Thank guys & gals, just trying to get my head round it.
Our Summer Grand Prix is much easier as you have to run 1 of each race or both races as they do them twice, submit your best time and total time gives you your finish time and obviously the least time the better, I understand that one.

Well I smashed all my times in this years Winter Handicap so pleased, just hard to understand.

Someone new is doing it next winter so will delve in with all my questions and suggestions to staggerd starts, Thanks again gus & gals xxx
Apr 2013
9:05am, 4 Apr 2013
32,629 posts
  •  
mxhornet
The type of handicap race were you start at staggered intervals and in theory finish together, is called a yacht handicap. The other is a straight forward handicap race.
Apr 2013
4:25pm, 4 Apr 2013
4 posts
  •  
raccyroo
Great thanks :0)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by geordiegirl
Hi there

I'm asking for a friend as I'll never be fast enough to need to know about this.....