Race entry limit

2 watchers
May 2017
11:51am, 19 May 2017
1,826 posts
  •  
peachy
Can someone tell me why races have to have a limit on how many people can run it . I didn't know if it was H&S or parking issues ect .
May 2017
12:27pm, 19 May 2017
12,396 posts
  •  
Fenland (Fenners) Runner
A race can be limited by a number of different things. For example some times a trail route has narrow paths and increasing numbers would be stupid.
May 2017
10:22pm, 19 May 2017
1,956 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
The course certainly is an issue, for which the local authority and police have a say in the race numbers. There can also be certain financial restraints which can also play a part for a smaller event as the race licence and medical provider costs go up in bands. Usually, up to 150 runners is the first and cheapest rates before they increase.
May 2017
6:15pm, 24 May 2017
1,843 posts
  •  
westmoors
Insurance, medical cover, license costs all depend on number of entries. Then there are the other considerations like parking, course congestion etc

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by peachy
Can someone tell me why races have to have a limit on how many people can run it . I didn't know if...