Putting on weight :(

4 watchers
Jun 2011
1:52pm, 1 Jun 2011
172 posts
  •  
wobblingTime
couple of things - muscle in not heavier than fat, is it denser than fat, so it takes up less space. Hence scales staying the same but clothes being looser.

Also, if your clothes aren't looser on you, it might be worth checking whether your contraception is causing you problems. Most hormonal contraception can lead to weigh gain. For some, such as the depo injection, weight gain is very common and sometimes it becomes impossible to lose the weight too, however much you exercise and however little you eat.

If this isn't a factor, you might benefit from adding some weights into your exercise routine. Muscle burns more calories than fat, so building more muscle will cause your body to burn more calories.

Bear in mind a pound of fat is 3500 calories, so you need a deficit of 3500 a week to lose a pound of fat. On average you burn 100 calories per mile you run, so if you're not cutting back on what you eat you'll need to run 35 miles a week to lose a pound.
Jun 2011
1:56pm, 1 Jun 2011
24,222 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
Pootle you overanalyse too much !!!!

I'm saying this after a soup large roll and Spud and Chilli (burp)
Jun 2011
1:58pm, 1 Jun 2011
29 posts
  •  
PixieLady
Interesting Wobbling, thanks for that. Definitely not contraception related, I came off the pill a couple of months ago as we're ttc.
Jun 2011
2:00pm, 1 Jun 2011
7,560 posts
  •  
Pootle
*Wants to say something really uncouth about the weight gain being all the man juice, but tries to restrain self*

*fails*

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by PixieLady
I started running a couple of months ago, mainly as something to do but also because I wanted to get...