Put on your dancing shoes - Strictly '14.

45 watchers
Dec 2014
11:57am, 21 Dec 2014
9,461 posts
  •  
LittleDonkeyDaisy
Phew! Got up at 6:30 in desperate need of a cup of tea so settled down to catch up on last night before I saw/heard any spoilers. Would you believe that at the precise moment I turned on the TV the news was saying '...not only did Caroline lift the Glitterball she and Pasha also made Strictly history by scoring perfect 40's on all three dances...' :-(:-0:-)

Watched it all anyway, obvs, and in my sleep-derived state had tears pouring down my cheeks even at the talkie 'I've been on such a journey' bits which normally I loathe :-)

Anyway, really delighted for Caroline and Pasha - I thought her Charleston showed a bit of fatigue but I loved the show dance. The stand-out dance of the night though for me was Simon's AT.

I shall miss Strictly :-(
Dec 2014
1:09pm, 21 Dec 2014
8,258 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
I watched bits of it and decided, as usual it's a popularity contest, not a dance one. Simon was best last night. Mark should not have made the final.

The woman judge, I forget her name, said the most fatuos nonsense comment I have ever heard "If I had a dance company, you would be in in it", that is just not true.". The ceebs are patently not at that level.

Still enjoyed the funny parts earlier on in the series.

Bussell... that's it.
Dec 2014
1:40pm, 21 Dec 2014
5,049 posts
  •  
Ding Dong Jambomo on high!
Well I have quite enjoyed my first year watching Strictly. Some random observations:

1) Craig's judging and scores seem more valuable to the contestants than the others because is is really quite decerning about what he gives. I think he is meant to be the hard-hearted, Simon Cowel, villian type of judge but I actually think he is really pretty nice to them, but he does criticise things when they deserve it so I don't think he is that bad.

2) They do ruin it a bit with the whole 'journey' thing. It actually made me really dislike Mark in the end as it was all they said about him over the weeks and he was hardly the only one who hadn't danced before. Equally they mentioned it a bit for the others i.e Simon but not quite as much. I would like to be able just to like people based on their dance talent and not their backstory.

3) Caroline was a worthy winner - she and Pasha did some great dances. I think that it did miss Pixie a bit - i.e she was clearly a better dancer than Mark and probably better than Frankie (although Frankie was good). I know folk vote for them but it would be better to have the best dancers in it to the end.

I might watch it again next year.
Dec 2014
1:44pm, 21 Dec 2014
5,050 posts
  •  
and I forgot 4) It does make me quite want to go and learn to dance :)
Dec 2014
2:02pm, 21 Dec 2014
6,355 posts
  •  
Shark the Herald Angel
I love your almost forgotten 4) Jambomo!

Raffo and I are contemplating a Charleston.....
and every year I seriously consider Tango lessons - but haven't got round to it yet.
Dec 2014
2:19pm, 21 Dec 2014
33,675 posts
  •  
LorraineS
get that man of yours to Dance Base for classes, Jambomo - I know folks that have been to the salsa ones and enjoyed them
Dec 2014
2:33pm, 21 Dec 2014
5,051 posts
  •  
I've got as much chance of getting Mr Jambomo to Dancebase as Hearts have of winning the champions league :-)
Dec 2014
4:41pm, 21 Dec 2014
5,569 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Just watched it all having managed to avoid all media and even the 94 posts on here!!!
I thought Caroline a worthy winner, Frankie and Simon the best runners up. Definitely been a good close final.
Yet again it does make me want to take dance lessons....role on next year
Dec 2014
6:00pm, 21 Dec 2014
4,999 posts
  •  
Little Nemo - Shut up knee!
Merry Christmas to you too H :-)

That was bad timing LD but I'm glad you still enjoyed it.

I have no intention of taking up dancing as I would be Judy Murray levels of awful, but I hope if anyone on here does go for lessons that you really enjoy it.
Dec 2014
7:48pm, 21 Dec 2014
91 posts
  •  
geologyrocks38
champagne Happy with the result last night, but after seeing Simon and Kristina's Argentine tango I would have been very happy with them winning too. Mark, bah! What was his show dance all about? Disguising how little he could actually dance?

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
Time for this year's thread.

Oh lawks with added sequins!
The line up, girls and boys, looks p...