Put on your dancing shoes - Strictly '14.

45 watchers
Sep 2014
10:49am, 3 Sep 2014
5,702 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Time for this year's thread.

Oh lawks with added sequins!
The line up, girls and boys, looks piss poor doesn't it?

Here at the Sharkie Sunmers School of Darnce and Expressive movement we (note editorial plural*) are consoling ourselves by remembering that two of last year's contestants about whom we initially said 'Who? Must be a soap star,' and "Lawks on sparklers - she's a footballer's wife and reality star' turned out to be our favourites and the most interesting/best dancers.

So ...shall we keep the collective faith?

* although my - ahem - true love Raffo is included in this statement)
Sep 2014
10:56am, 3 Sep 2014
30,706 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Who's in apart from that pretty Pixie lass who sings and already has a nice line in gyration?
Sep 2014
11:01am, 3 Sep 2014
5,703 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Three trillion cross fertilised reality stars I've never heard of. The Beeb doesn't usually stoop that low for Starship Strictly. A girl from the Saturdays (along with Pixie Lott) a boy from Blue (they were a while ago weren't they?) a rugby player I've never heard of but then I don't like rugby so that's hardly surprising - he's probably quite famous. Soapies. Casualty Soapies.

Judy Murray could be interesting. She's my 'hurrah!'

Bald Master chef get yer veg bloke who Raffo swears at. Not that we've ever watched Masterchef - it's just always ON.

Some others. Can't be bothered remembering.
Sep 2014
11:07am, 3 Sep 2014
11,452 posts
  •  
The Teaboy
The Rugby player I think is also Kelly (ex-strictly) Brook's boyfriend or was...

Look at me with all the goss...
Sep 2014
11:13am, 3 Sep 2014
30,707 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I'm ashamed to say that I googled. Haven't heard of any of 'em apart from the cook (already been done - yawn - at least this one isn't tenuously Cumbrian as far as I know so he won't be all over the local radio) and Judy Murray. And the pretty Pixie girl, who could be quite nice to look at.
Sep 2014
11:32am, 3 Sep 2014
5,704 posts
  •  
Sharkie
I quite like the look of Frankie Bridge from the Saturdays - but it's hard not to be prejudiced against someone who names their child after a Thunderbirds puppet.
Sep 2014
11:45am, 3 Sep 2014
2,844 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
I've just googled that and am disappointed to find that he's not called Brains ;)

Can't quite believe it starts again this Saturday :)
Sep 2014
12:02pm, 3 Sep 2014
5,705 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Start of Strictly means end of summer (boo) start of winter training (boo) and countdown to....eek and shush you know what (squawk).
Sep 2014
12:31pm, 3 Sep 2014
8,055 posts
  •  
Star
Scott Mills from Radio 1 is on it :-) loved the way he announced it on his show that Craig Revell-wotsit was bringing in the sleb and they had a gold envelope and ta-dah...... :-) dont think he is going to be any good at the dancing mind, but lovely bloke
Sep 2014
1:29pm, 3 Sep 2014
16,626 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I used to work with Scott, he is indeed a lovely bloke.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
Time for this year's thread.

Oh lawks with added sequins!
The line up, girls and boys, looks p...