BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Put on your dancing shoes - Strictly '14.

45 watchers
Dec 2014
11:36am, 22 Dec 2014
12039 posts
The Teaboy
My two pennies worth having just seen the dances having been out of the country.

Flackers was prob the best there overall but on a bit of a downer because she has previous dance training. Hence my vote to Simon - that Argentine Tango is still my wowser of the series. Loved Frankie and Kevin's show dance, but then I'm a sucker for that old-style Hollywood glam style.

WTF was Mark's? It's on a par with Colin Jackson's for misfire.

Disappointed with the judges choices, but then I guess they wanted to see both latin and ballroom from the contestants and wouldn't have otherwise done so. They still could have picked better options mind you.
Dec 2014
11:46am, 22 Dec 2014
6359 posts
Shark the Herald Angel
Agree about judges choices - I was SO sure they would choose the American Smooth from Flackers - perhaps it would have clashed with Frankies or her own show dance (but I don't think so.)

I don't know what Craig was thinking. The benches were very Fred and Ginger never mind the Sound of Music thing Frankie mentioned. There's a bit I can particularly recall (from Top Hat?) where they skip over small barriers in a department store. It's perhaps not 'WOW' but I thought it was a lovely dance delivered with great charm and not a little technique. I suppose I still wanted Flackers to win - I gave her two votes at the end and Simon one - but I had really warmed to Mrs. Bridge by the end.

And re judges choice -we ended up with two cha chas which didn't seem like great planning at all.
Dec 2014
12:19pm, 22 Dec 2014
664 posts
Phil70
I remember Colin and Erin's show dance as well - both danced separately with dummies.
Dec 2014
1:03pm, 22 Dec 2014
8375 posts
Star
Oh I remember that - the judges were gobsmacked if I recall! it was funny and entertaining but certainly not a final dance type of dance.
Dec 2014
1:07pm, 22 Dec 2014
11108 posts
Ultracat
Colin Jackson the best dancer not too have won, show dance was a mistake.

I wanted Simon to win.
Dec 2014
1:17pm, 22 Dec 2014
666 posts
Phil70
Colin would probably have won but for that show dance, handing it to Darren Gough and his caterpillar (brought back by Mark Wright this year). Zoe Ball finished third - a favourite with the judges but not the voting public.
Dec 2014
2:47pm, 22 Dec 2014
33676 posts
LorraineS
another possible as the best dancer not to have won would be Natalie Gumede ... but given that she was a 'ringer' that's maybe not surprising
Dec 2014
5:47pm, 25 Dec 2014
12032 posts
northernslowcoach
Loving the Christmas special :)
Dec 2014
5:49pm, 25 Dec 2014
33680 posts
LorraineS
it's nice to see Brucie in small doses

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
Time for this year's thread.

Oh lawks with added sequins!
The line up, girls and boys, looks p...

Close