Put me on the INJURED STEP

14 watchers
Apr 2010
5:16pm, 22 Apr 2010
32 posts
  •  
Mrs mjb
R

That Ok - No probs. Need to keep the stretching going daily. Just had 2 days where I couldnt run - v busy at work and didnt stretch. Todays run was a little achy again!!! Back to live on the stairs with my heels sinking again while tea is cooking :-)
May 2010
3:12pm, 3 May 2010
1,079 posts
  •  
Jobe
Passes the chocolate round to everyone on the injured step. :-)
Jun 2010
8:32pm, 9 Jun 2010
13,991 posts
  •  
idio
Went hospital yesterday for shoulder and 9/10 months later my tendon have not gone back to it's normal length :(

Was told i'll be having an injection in a couple of weeks in the shoulder and see if they will get them to go back to normal length.
Oct 2010
2:59pm, 15 Oct 2010
13 posts
  •  
jennycos
:-( Fell over rock last night and twisted ankle. Swollen up like a bap now. Very annoyed.
D2
Oct 2010
4:54pm, 15 Oct 2010
3,852 posts
  •  
D2
oh dear! rice....
Oct 2010
5:00pm, 15 Oct 2010
2,300 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Ouch Jennycos, hope normal size returns soon!

Rhubabary - you sound like you have very similar problem to me, only my left foot though. Hope you get fixed soon, I'm off to see a tier 2 (?) physio on Monday so I'll let you know what they say. I find wearing shoes with a heel is better than flats I couldnt get away with trainers at work :( but today I've had flattish boots on and my heel is pretty blooming sore now. I have planned a gym session, x-trainer, but doubtful if I will even go. Its bloody awful - pull up a pew and we can have some chocolate ;)

Idio - what have you done to your shoulder?

*off in search of light at the end of the tunnel - thanks Mrs mjb*
Oct 2010
5:12pm, 15 Oct 2010
14,913 posts
  •  
idio
I came to a very sudden stop when I came off my mountain bike ploughing my shoulder into the floor :)

Went back to hospital today, going for a MRI scan in a couple of weeks to see if it needs surgery.
Oct 2010
5:14pm, 15 Oct 2010
14,914 posts
  •  
idio
I hope you have luck with the physio geordigirl.
Oct 2010
5:33pm, 15 Oct 2010
2,301 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Ouch and good luck with your appointment too (& thanks) I'm not a good patient at the best of times, to feel fit & well just injured - I'm doing everyone's heads in - lol
Dec 2011
12:54pm, 12 Dec 2011
17,014 posts
  •  
Merry Christmas and HappyNewG(rrr)
What happened to this thread? I'm MEGA GRUMPY and I want a place to moan. Is that OK?! ;-)

Plantar Fashywotsit. Stupid little thing. Doesn't even hurt that much, but helpful people (and they are being helpful, so I'm not being sarky) are saying, "Oooh, I was out for 6 weeks/6 months/6 years when I had it. I had to have sports massage/ultrasound/ surgery/ foot cut off." And I'm getting all panicky that it's going to take agest to sort.

And I love running in the hills in the snow. And I was just going to start my VLM training. And I was doing so well with my return to "proper" training for last mara in Oct. And I was really hopeful for 2012. And now I feel all that evaporating.

And... breathe. I know it's only running and it's not the end of the world, but I miss it. I missed a club run in the hills on Sunday and a birthday run with head torches and fireworks last Wednesday for a club mate. And I wanted to do a bit of touring around when I'm in NZ (though my bride to be might be glad that I can't go out for too many long runs!) and a 10K. Looks like I'll be "resting" now. Rats.

So, how's everyone else feeling, who is on the injured step?! :-)G

About This Thread

Maintained by