Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Pulling my Hair out

4 watchers
Jan 2012
5:24pm, 19 Jan 2012
382 posts
RoadRunner123
One thing i forgot to mention was that about 2 months ago i changed trainer to the mizuno wave rider 14 as i wasn't getting on with my saucorny's. Could this have anything to do with it?
Jan 2012
5:41pm, 19 Jan 2012
699 posts
Lisa T
I've always loved Wave Riders but haven't been able to get away with the 14s. I've had nothing but injury after injury since using them. Of course it may or may not be related. However, last time I was in the running shop the assistant guy said they'd had lots of complaints about the Mizuno WR 14 & for the 15s they've gone back to the design of the 13. Just a thought. I never got on with Saucony's either. Have tried Nike this time & so far so good.
may
Jan 2012
11:41pm, 19 Jan 2012
810 posts
may
Interesting...when i had my shinsplints I had just got a new pair of trainers In the end I backed of running seem a pyhsio and tried new running shoes what you have sounds very sore to deal with and if you are struggling with even cycling then its time to break the pain cycle i.e reduce load/training/etc hope you get it sorted soon p.s buy arnica gel I find it works well in dealing with musculat aches/pains: )
Jan 2012
11:46pm, 19 Jan 2012
7028 posts
ChrisHB
Use a tennis ball, not a golf ball. No idea if it's useful for shin splints but it's great for general tension in the foot. If you're tough, stay with the golf ball.
Jan 2012
1:21pm, 25 Jan 2012
383 posts
RoadRunner123
Been to the doc today and he said i have a stress fracture in my tibia out for 6 weeks to allow proper healing great!
Jan 2012
1:24pm, 25 Jan 2012
3284 posts
RichHL
Oh, bad luck! At least you know what it is now.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by RoadRunner123
Recently been getting a spell of what i think is shin splints which is driving me absolutely nuts. F...