BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter
Pulled arm muscle. recovery = no running or not?
8:37pm, 30 May 2014
Judithvr61 month ago I think I pulled the tricep of my right arm. I say 'think' as I know what might have done it (trying to 'fill' a running parachute with air by whishing it about in a figure of 8 type motion) and the next day I remember lifting a suitcase out my car wasn't an easy task.
Since then I continued with my training for Edinburgh marathon and ran it last Sunday with various levels of discomfort from my arm.
Having rested Mon-Wed I went out for a swift 4 miles last night and guess what? My arm has been playing up again. Aching and feeling weak.
My question is does anyone have any idea how long a tricep strain should take to recover and will running delay the process????
9:22pm, 30 May 2014
BadgerI hurt what I think what was the bottom of my deltoid tripping over a kerb while carrying a guitar (which got off surprisingly lightly).
Hurt for ages when I did the wrong things with it, which fortunately didn't include running. The pain went away quite quickly when I did a few sessions with some light hand weights, which I think ended up doing physio for them by accident.
I am not (that kind of) doctor, but it might be worth a try.
About This Thread
Maintained by Judithvr6
- Olecranon fracture anyone?
- Advice from medical people wanted on bike fall arm injury
- Done Something to forearm and now getting muscle vibrations
- OMG - unusual injury 3 weeks before VLM
- Falling Over Watch - have you got falling over?
- Bunion advice please
- Plantar Fasciitis??
- Costochondritis - chest cartlage pain
- Put me on the INJURED STEP
- pi55ed off corner like the injured bench but with attitude x x x