Psoriatic or Rheumatoid Arthritis

2 watchers
Oct 2017
10:05am, 12 Oct 2017
1,717 posts
  •  
Pinkliverbird
Hi, I've just been diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis, which I believe is similar to Rheumatoid Arthritis. I've been having several joint issues and haven't been able to run for a while now. I've just started on Methotrexate and hoping that in a couple of months things will have stabilised.

Is there anybody out there that has been diagnosed with either of these conditions?

If so, I was wondering how this condition effects their running, and if so how they manage it. Any tips or info much appreciated. Thanks.
Oct 2017
11:04am, 12 Oct 2017
36,985 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Northern Exile has also just started taking methotrexate for an inflammatory arthritis. He writes an excellent blog and has continued to run.
Oct 2017
11:47am, 12 Oct 2017
First-time poster!!
  •  
Pastmybest
I have RA I can still run & run distance but I lost all my speed used to run 7/8 min miles now 10/11. It’s hard and sometimes I can’t run but I just do what I can. MTX didn’t suit me but it works for a lot of people. PM me if you want.
Oct 2017
11:47am, 12 Oct 2017
2 posts
  •  
Pastmybest
I have RA I can still run & run distance but I lost all my speed used to run 7/8 min miles now 10/11. It’s hard and sometimes I can’t run but I just do what I can. MTX didn’t suit me but it works for a lot of people. PM me if you want.
Oct 2017
3:19pm, 12 Oct 2017
37,708 posts
  •  
Fierce and Fearless Fleecy
SimonClarke has RA, he wrote about it on his blog if you want to check that out too
Oct 2017
12:14pm, 21 Oct 2017
1,718 posts
  •  
Pinkliverbird
Thanks very much Guys for that info. Much appreciated :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Pinkliverbird
Hi, I've just been diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis, which I believe is similar to Rheumatoid...