Project Joker

55 watchers
Aug 2022
10:59pm, 24 Aug 2022
6,620 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
At least you're managing to get some running done then, helping to keep some sanity :-)
Aug 2022
12:53pm, 27 Aug 2022
1,939 posts
  •  
RooA
Got exactly the same time as I started with. Had a decent feeling run really but just... no dice. Quite disappointing after being so committed to it. Couldn't even match the fast time I did as a tempo run one week. Just straight back to 24.10.

Ach.
Aug 2022
6:42pm, 27 Aug 2022
6,643 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Don't be too disappointed Roo. Was it the same course as last time? Was there more people? There are any number of factors that could have hindered a better time.
Aug 2022
9:29pm, 27 Aug 2022
1,940 posts
  •  
RooA
Same course, I had more company though but should have spurred me on as was battling for 2nd and 3rd Lady with two young lassies! :-)

Have had good feedback on my blog. I think the main problem is that I've been doing long runs and general running volume to train for a half marathon too... which is in two weeks so am at peak volume now.

Plus just being female and the timing being off I reckon.

I'm going to re-try after the half and a week or so to recover after that.

So there are Reasons but I was still hoping for better because apparently I'm an optimist at heart!
Aug 2022
1:04am, 28 Aug 2022
6,648 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Tbh that bodes really well for a week or two's time after the half, good luck with both (not that you will need it).
Aug 2022
9:47am, 28 Aug 2022
1,941 posts
  •  
RooA
πŸ‘
Sep 2022
12:41pm, 4 Sep 2022
470 posts
  •  
Wezza
Final.week. Played 17 jokers so farπŸ˜ƒ. Just been out for (unplanned) threshold.

Will try for a full 3 aces this last week, go for an improved 5k time, rejoin and do it properly.
Sep 2022
1:42pm, 4 Sep 2022
6,701 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Good luck Wezza. I've played several jokers myself this time through and I'm a little disappointed in myself. Another joker this week for another interval session unfortunately. In fact I should go and update my jokers and aces.

Good luck for next Sunday RooA
Sep 2022
2:10pm, 4 Sep 2022
1,948 posts
  •  
RooA
Thanks FF! You must be getting close to your ten weeks being done now?

I did parkrun with the dog yesterday and although we got a slow time overall (because I kept stopping to dunk him in the river or let him walk a bit as it was quite hot for dogs) the bits where I was running felt good and the pace was good. So I do think once the half is done and I'm rested I'll realise the benefits of the Joker.

Good luck with your last week, Wezza.
Sep 2022
2:40pm, 4 Sep 2022
6,704 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
I have a couple more weeks to go yet Roo. My attempt should be Saturday 24th but I have a 10k the following week so I'm unsure whether to try or not. I probably will because it's only 5k and a weeks rest should be enough recovery for a 10k.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
A thread for Project Joker participants to share their training achievements and questions.

Joker: fetcheveryone.com/joker.php