Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Procrastination beating tactics

10 watchers
15 Jan
3:01pm, 15 Jan 2020
9586 posts
geordiegirl
Well I have done the first entry on my database.... its resulted in me creating 3 new tabs to log what I need to do and a tab with final entry info on.

I think once I get a start on this it may not be as complicated as I am so far making it. The problem of giving the task to someone as it would 'help' me then trying to unravel what they did to 'help'
15 Jan
3:07pm, 15 Jan 2020
4109 posts
Raemond
[responding to TRO] Whenever Sam or I (mostly I, tbf) are doing the ' but I don't wanna... it's too cold/warm/rainy/dark and I'm lazy' dance we often remind each other that we want *to have done* even if we don't particularly feel like we want *to do* the thing right now, and it usually works.
15 Jan
3:26pm, 15 Jan 2020
9450 posts
rf_fozzy
I've actually written three paragraphs.

They're fucking awful and probably are going to get thrown out, but it's better than the blank page I had last night when trying to work on it.
15 Jan
4:20pm, 15 Jan 2020
48286 posts
Dr PhFleecyD
If I get stuck writing I usually do some free writing about why I’m stuck and then write my way out of it, or I draw mind maps. Writing is hard though...

Long runs: I sometimes break them into shorter chunks, like morning or afternoon. Or run to the pub, run home :) Not that most of my runs are long right now but it helps to just do 2 lots of 5 instead of 10 miles!
WA
15 Jan
6:53pm, 15 Jan 2020
6479 posts
WA
I find it easier to run if there's a reason for it (other than *it's on the plan*), so Mr WA driving and parking at station, and me running to pick up.the car (about 6 miles), or me dropping car off for service and walking home, then running back to collect it (3 miles each way). Or us going out locally, getting a taxi home, and running the next day to get the car (depends where we go) I'm not good at the *today you must run x miles at such and such a pace*. I find long runs really dull atm.

With other stuff, it helps if I just do one thing at a time. If I look at everything I need to do, I do absolutely nothing.

And I really like ticking stuff off lists, even if it's only *put ironing away* or *empty the dishwasher*

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by rf_fozzy
Share your best ones, rather than the unrealistic ones offered by the gurus!

Particularly annoyin...