Pro cycling thread

2 lurkers | 77 watchers
SPR
24 Apr
6:30pm, 24 Apr 2024
44,053 posts
  •  
SPR
larkim wrote:That one is particularly odd as Canyon seem to supply more teams than most; so to also be a headline sponsor is more weird!

Do Canyon supply multiple women's teams? Would be interesting to see a list. SRAM are the one that seems odd to me straight off as I can't imagine they only supply one team (it is possible) but I can kind of see how it works well from a marketing point of view in a growing market (my assumption about growing market).
24 Apr
7:18pm, 24 Apr 2024
23,904 posts
  •  
larkim
Canyon supply Canyon/SRAM, movistar and Fenix-Deceuninck in the women's pro tour.
24 Apr
7:19pm, 24 Apr 2024
3,436 posts
  •  
Big_G
Am I right I saying that Bahrain Victorious, still use Merida bikes (they were once Bahrain Merida)? That struck me as odd when the team changed.
24 Apr
7:39pm, 24 Apr 2024
161 posts
  •  
Velo_Dirtbag
Yes they do, wasn't the name change when McLaren got involved with the team?
SPR
24 Apr
7:52pm, 24 Apr 2024
44,055 posts
  •  
SPR
larkim wrote:Canyon supply Canyon/SRAM, movistar and Fenix-Deceuninck in the women's pro tour.

I found a 2022 article that told me about Movistar but not FD. Sounds like it's just great marketing. SD Worx and Canyon/SRAM are the women only teams that come to mind immediately when thinking about road cycling.
24 Apr
9:14pm, 24 Apr 2024
2,549 posts
  •  
MudMeanderer
Big_G wrote:Am I right I saying that Bahrain Victorious, still use Merida bikes (they were once Bahrain Merida)? That struck me as odd when the team changed.

I guess it depends what arrangements we're struck when the team was conceived in 2017, and what financially Merida put into starting the team. Prior to that they'd been the headline sponsor for Lampre Merida (who are now UAE) for several years.
24 Apr
9:23pm, 24 Apr 2024
2,550 posts
  •  
MudMeanderer
SPR wrote:SRAM are the one that seems odd to me straight off as I can't imagine they only supply one team (it is possible) but I can kind of see how it works well from a marketing point of view in a growing market (my assumption about growing market).

There were some comments about this on an article on Escape Collective about Campagnolo no longer being in the WT. There are multiple types of arrangements with equipment suppliers, and a lot of teams riding a particular brand don't necessarily have formal sponsorship agreements with that supplier, but are buying the kit OEM. So beyond those they officially supply, it's more a case of purchase and availability to the teams

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by SPR
Somewhere to discuss pro cycling all year round.

Velogames Fetch Fantasy League (Use this for any race):
velogames.com
League Name: Fetch Fantasy 2023
League Code: 304362819

Road CC All Season Fantasy League: fantasy.road.cc
Fetcheveryone Fantasy League number: 75467

All Season Fantasy Thread (No Longer Used): fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=44169

Old Spring Classics Thread (No Longer Used): fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=53002

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.