Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Pro cycling thread

3 lurkers | 67 watchers
8:38am
8:38am, 18 Sep 2020
71440 posts
Gobi
Just seen the update from the Giro Rosa - damn that was a nasty crash, Van Vleuten out of Rosa and worlds with broken wrist and Spratt out with concussion. OUCH

The Tour has been good and my demise in Velogames has been more spectacular than Bernals :¬)
9:14am
9:14am, 18 Sep 2020
11977 posts
larkim
Even with no quality sprinter, I'm starting to think about a podium finish for velogames. But others will likely have two jersey winners in their teams, so I think the top step is out of reach...
11:12am
11:12am, 18 Sep 2020
18552 posts
Gooner
I started ok but have since plummeted to the bottom, not helped by Bernal and Kung abandoning and Pinot being decidedly off the boil.
1:46pm
1:46pm, 18 Sep 2020
11621 posts
rf_fozzy
So, there was a nugget of interesting information in the ITV podcast last night - the KOM points for the climb in the time trial (Cat 1) are going to be awarded on who does the climb the fastest, so the speculation is that Carapaz will simply cruise to the bottom of the climb, then sprint up it, because Pogacar has to actually ride the whole TT, it means he's almost guaranteed to be slower.
4:00pm
4:00pm, 18 Sep 2020
11622 posts
rf_fozzy
Well, this has turned into a very interesting stage.
4:13pm
4:13pm, 18 Sep 2020
21975 posts
TRO Saracen
Interesting Fozzy. Suggests he may go road bike as that will be quicker up the climb.
4:16pm
4:16pm, 18 Sep 2020
11623 posts
rf_fozzy
TRO - yes, they were talking about that on commentary today for whether everyone is going to do a bike change anyway.

But Carapaz, could just roll to the bottom of the climb, sit down have a cup of tea and then do a sprint climb if he likes!

(is there a cut-off delay time on a TT?)
4:25pm
4:25pm, 18 Sep 2020
21976 posts
TRO Saracen
Time trial tomorrow. Proper bike racing at last ;-)

Got a 10 TT tomorrow with 15:38 start so will have to watch a recording and avoid spoilers.....
4:26pm
4:26pm, 18 Sep 2020
13769 posts
Yorkshire Pie
Fozzy - yes, there is still a time limit I think.
6:02pm
6:02pm, 18 Sep 2020
1952 posts
MudMeanderer
TTs (including TTTs) have a standard cut-off of 125% of winning time, so there is a limit to how easy you can go.

I'm trying to recall the race, but earlier this year (I think - it all blurs at the moment), a young rider in their first pro stage race came outside the time limit on an opening TT barely longer than a prologue. Their opening race probably lasted less time than their warm up!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by SPR
Somewhere to discuss pro cycling all year round. If we create race threads, I'll try and keep the header updated with them so people can use this thread to navigate.

Inrng Tour Guide: inrng.com

Velogames Fetch Fantasy League (Use this for any race):
velogames.com
League Name: Fetch Velo
League Code: 321595510

Road CC All Season Fantasy League: fantasy.road.cc
Fetcheveryone Fantasy League number: 75467

All Season Fantasy Thread: fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=44169

Old Spring Classics Thread (No Longer Used): fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=53002