Preston Guild 2012 Race Series - 5k, 10k, 10M & Half/Full Marathon

12 watchers
Oct 2012
12:22pm, 29 Oct 2012
20 posts
  •  
Cammy
3:22:53 and a 4:40 PB, very pleased on what was a testing course with wet/wild weather at some points. Completed the full set of PB's for 2012 and more to come from me time wise next year I'm sure of that.
Oct 2012
11:21am, 30 Oct 2012
14,046 posts
  •  
flanker
Really enjoyed that. For a one-off marathon the organisation was top-notch and the course really enjoyable (apart from having the last mile or so being uphill!). Managed a seasons best 3:41 despite having set a 4:29 course PB at Beachy the day before. Really pleased with that and know there's more to come.

Anyone know who the fetchie was in the top ten at the initial out and back?
Oct 2012
2:36pm, 30 Oct 2012
5,657 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
Not sure flanker, but I was running with the first lady at the out and back and got two almighty roars from Fetchies on the other side of the fence.

Have to say, wearing the Fetch vest was possibly the best decision I made that morning - lots of people picked up on it and whilst the support wasn't on the scale of London, it certainly was enthusiastic :)
Oct 2012
2:50pm, 30 Oct 2012
14,051 posts
  •  
flanker
It may well have been you then! I know both Kev & I gave a big yell. You must be taller than I remember :)
Oct 2012
3:23pm, 30 Oct 2012
5,658 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
Not me then, I'm a card-carrying short-arse ;) Maybe the rain made me look bigger?!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by CottamRunner
To celebrate the Preston Guild - a once every 20 years event - 4 races have been scheduled / allocat...