Pre-Post Run Eating

3 watchers
Mar 2015
10:35pm, 29 Mar 2015
9 posts
  •  
Kimmy Plodder
Just throwing this out there to gain a little knowledge on what you folks eat and drink prior to your general daily runs. I'd be interested to know what variants are out there just to gain a little extra knowledge. I have been sticking to the banana or tea cake an hour before I go out and a glass of choc milk on my return? Thanks in advance for any kind soul who replies. Happy plodding!
Mar 2015
11:21pm, 29 Mar 2015
1,192 posts
  •  
RRR-CAZ
If your an early bird porridge with honey or banana
Mar 2015
11:24pm, 29 Mar 2015
296 posts
  •  
Wooters
Bran flakes or porridge for a run, races it's two bowls of porridge with sugar and two coffees
Mar 2015
11:35pm, 29 Mar 2015
9,261 posts
  •  
AngusClydesdale
Early training is done on an empty stomach (well, a pint of water but I'm not sure that counts). Porridge and / or bacon & eggs on my return, depending how far I've run.

Doesn't suit everyone.

The real difficulty is when you have to stop running for whatever reason, but don't stop the breakfasts! :-)

Bananas are good - I often eat one if I'm training later in the day. And flapjack - blackheart flapjack........
Mar 2015
12:08am, 30 Mar 2015
3,762 posts
  •  
Kieren
Usually have a bacon roll after parkrun with a latte. A bit of a calorie overload there, give that 5K for an 80kg runner is roughly 400 calories (1 calorie per KG per KM travelled).
Mar 2015
12:32am, 30 Mar 2015
9,948 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I can happily eat a reasonable meal and go out running within an hour, even half an hour. This is probably a bit unusual though. If haven't had a meal, I'll have a biscuit or bit of cereal bar because I find it hard to run on nothing. Variously biscuit/cereal bar/toast/ coffee/ choc milk on return - if I don't dive straight into another meal. Oh, and beer.

(This may explain why I remain a bit of a porker, mind pig cow pint.)
Jun 2022
12:52am, 3 Jun 2022
17,192 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
What do lllamas eat pre-post run?

And does that even make sense?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Just throwing this out there to gain a little knowledge on what you folks eat and drink prior to you...