PowerBreathers. Does anyone have one? Do they work?

4 watchers
Jun 2012
4:01pm, 23 Jun 2012
First-time poster!!
  •  
fermoitie
I'm a believer. But I don't have one.

When I'm running I know that sucking in hard can help me perform better (more effective than breathing out hard) - getting O2 in the old wind bags has got to be a good idea. Last year I entered a sprint tri having done little serious training but with diligent breathing work and recorded a PB for that event. I have to admit I didn't use a power breather but *did* practice every night sucking in breath through nearly-closed fingers. Try it - for free!

Having said that, it didn't persuade me to go out and buy one :)
Jun 2012
4:25pm, 23 Jun 2012
580 posts
  •  
rosehip
I would have thought that if they worked they'd be available on prescription for asthmatics ??

But having said that I've just taken delivery of one I won in a facebook giveaway thingy - so will give it a go and see.

I have a handy peak flow meter so I can be all scientific like and have before and after numbers - do you think a month is long enough to see a difference?
Jun 2012
6:11pm, 23 Jun 2012
5,230 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I bought one last year after my bro in law recommended it. Has it helped me run faster no but it definately helped me sort my breathing out, docs had me using an inhaler which I wasn't convinced I needed.

So yeah may help it may not but for me it definately improved something which I'm happy with.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
PowerBreathers. Does anyone have one? Do they work?