99 watchers
Apr 2009
9:54pm, 16 Apr 2009
15,317 posts
  •  
cabletow
Just because I was feeling left out

Leave the bickering for the children

lets have a thread actually for those who are interested in pose - want to learn how to run pose and discussions about drills, techniques and video analysis.

By way of an introduction

I am a pose coach

I am a doctor and have a sports medical interest.
Apr 2009
9:58pm, 16 Apr 2009
8,683 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
Good idea :)
XB
Apr 2009
9:59pm, 16 Apr 2009
718 posts
  •  
XB
I'm looking and listening.
Apr 2009
432 posts
  •  
andydgg
Pick your brains time:

Pose. Is this it? Make your legs like a number 4, land on the front of your foot not your heel, land your foot under your body not in front or behind, keep knees bent, lean forward. that's what I'm trying anyway and it's difficult on the calves to land on the front of foot all the time so I try and concentrate on keeping knees bent and not landing on heel.
Apr 2009
847 posts
  •  
macca53
how to get started?

when to get started? I looked on the posetech website and there don't appear to be any coaches within 100 miles of me!
Apr 2009
10:02pm, 16 Apr 2009
15,318 posts
  •  
cabletow
Andy

yes pretty much that is it - except for one thing

try and do all that and it will not work - all that is a consequence of the correct application of bodyweight. If all that happens then it will feel and look right - if you try and make it happen with will not go right

An old master of mine (well nrg actually) has a saying - "if you think is circles - it will go pear shaped". this is an allusion to the fact that if you try and make your feet travel in circles then the actual track they will follow is more like a pear shape.

Your feet will travel in circles when you get the application of body weight right
Apr 2009
10:03pm, 16 Apr 2009
15,319 posts
  •  
cabletow
MD where are you?
Apr 2009
10:04pm, 16 Apr 2009
433 posts
  •  
andydgg
circles? I thought it was falling only side to side feet? shifting body weight side to side kinda thing?
Apr 2009
10:04pm, 16 Apr 2009
848 posts
  •  
macca53
up in the north east (Darlington)
Apr 2009
10:05pm, 16 Apr 2009
15,320 posts
  •  
cabletow
JonP is in Manchester - he coaches regularly - may be worth the train fare

About This Thread

Maintained by cabletow
If you want to get people to watch you running - you need to video yourself using your mobile phone or digital camera. Side on, full length for a few strides, is sufficient. Use a cloud storage system as discussed here

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=47880
And share the file with a coach or coaches for constructive comment, either in private or on the thread if you dare.

Ok and article about POSE Method and running
tigwigs.force9.co.uk

Ians Article - worth a read if you are having trouble "getting it" - ianm1963.wordpress.com

As requested common acronyms used in this thread
GCM = General Centre of Mass

COG = Centre of Gravity
GCM = COG for the most part
BOF = Ball of foot - the feshy bit just under and slightly heelward of the big toe joint
ROM = Range of movement of the knees, or feet
BW = Body weight
ME = Muscular elasticity
COS = Change of support
GRF = Ground reaction force
FFS = It is not that hard dingbat

Pose drills as they should be done
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=306