Porridge?

43 watchers
25 Sep
9:21am, 25 Sep 2022
34,821 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
That Jam does sound good. I have never made an apple jam...I might go and look.

Proper porridge this morning, Oats water/milk 50/50 pinch salt 2 teaspoons sugar ( enough for 2)
25 Sep
9:27am, 25 Sep 2022
93,026 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Not made mine yet... Just warming up with a first coffee after a rare lie in till 9 am!
I made a lovely spiced damson jam/compote. Virtually no sugar but lots of 5 spice, turmeric powder, pinch of black pepper and lots of cinnamon and I think it will be lush in porridge but... Very few damsons so only two jars.
Now pondering a similar compote/jam made with apples, of which I have masses this year...
25 Sep
9:28am, 25 Sep 2022
93,027 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Then I can just make my porridge and chuck the jam in, rather than grating turmeric root, apple and add spices separately... Thank you for the inspiration! 🥰
25 Sep
9:35am, 25 Sep 2022
2 posts
  •  
Velofrance
I cut up an apple and microwave for a minute then add porridge and soya milk. But I don’t cook the porridge unless it’s very cold.
25 Sep
11:13pm, 25 Sep 2022
22,391 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Barley porridge made with water, coconut milk and crushed cardamom pods. Coconut sugar, home-made sweet masala and sliced peach fried in ghee added at the end.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Ocelot Spleens
Well porridge seems to crop up regularly so I thought it could be worth a thread.

When? How often...