Popping/bubbly Achilles

1 watcher
Sep 2017
9:12am, 11 Sep 2017
5,174 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Hey gang,

Long-term injured runner with hip stuff, followed by a baby arrival, meant I have done little running for two years. Been on the comeback trail and no issues post-surgery etc. One thing I have noticed, after the last three club evening runs of between 7 and 10km, is that for the next 48 hours I feel a small popping or bubble bursting type feeling in my right achilles area. Only happens when walking down stairs, only lasts for a couple of days, no pain either during or after the runs in that area at all.

I have done three Thursday evening runs, each with a fortnight apart. The odd parkrun here and there doesn't have this issue arising.

Just wondered if anyone else had has this?
Sep 2017
9:45am, 11 Sep 2017
7,403 posts
  •  
becca7
I've had something like that and it was caused by a tight calf.
Sep 2017
9:49am, 11 Sep 2017
5,175 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Ah, well that makes a lot of sense as prior to the hip stuff I suffered from tight calfs a lot (left more than right, but both had issues). Will look into that, thankyou.
Sep 2017
10:16am, 11 Sep 2017
11,112 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Same here - it's always a sign that my calf is over-tight - massage and appropriate stretches sort it out

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HermanBloom
Hey gang,

Long-term injured runner with hip stuff, followed by a baby arrival, meant I have done ...