Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Pool Mate Watch - Are they any good ?

7 watchers
Aug 2011
11:16am, 19 Aug 2011
150 posts
MissTash
is it going for the same price as the Pro too island991?
Aug 2011
1:22pm, 19 Aug 2011
2659 posts
island991
Looks like an inbetween price if this website is to be believed, but would imagine it doesn't download like the pro.
Aug 2011
1:22pm, 19 Aug 2011
2660 posts
island991
Link
swimshop.co.uk
Aug 2011
1:51pm, 19 Aug 2011
8450 posts
Argie
I like the look of that, I can't say I was ever found the pool mate aesthetically pleasing and when I am wearing a pair of jammers I need all the help I can get.
Aug 2011
5:06pm, 19 Aug 2011
2662 posts
island991
Spot on Arg. That is the reason I might shell out for one. That, and my poolmate screen is occasionally throwing fits at the moment.
Sep 2011
10:41am, 7 Sep 2011
153 posts
MissTash
Well ive been using my poolmate pro for a couple of weeks now and im happy with it. My last swim wasn't completely logged (the first 4 lengths seem to not register on the watch, therefore not giving an average stroke/efficency for some reason) but that may be down to me pressing the wrong button to start off with and/or not turning quickly enough at each lap. When i upload my swims on the pc, the detailed log shows my swims split up in to sets. Does this happen naturally? or does it split up depending on when i stop for a breather and pause the watch? I haven't preloaded any sets to the watch and they seem to be random distances/length counts. Can anyone help?

Oh and whats a "reasonable" or "average" stroke count for different strokes per length (25m pool)? Thanks :-)
Oct 2011
10:49pm, 18 Oct 2011
27089 posts
Max71
I too would like to know the answers to these questions... for when I buy one
Oct 2011
11:09pm, 18 Oct 2011
1917 posts
AngusClydesdale
I'm personally not a fan of the pool mate watch concept (although I've never tried one so can't really comment on their efficacy). MissTash, I would say that it's more important for you to count your own strokes per length and then work on bringing them down. Difficult, and arguably irrelevant, to compare yourself against a 'mean', 'median' or 'mode' stroke count from a peer group. Pool Golf is more about comparing you-then with you-now and aiming for you-future. It's also less accurate as the pool length decreases; it's best employed in a 50m pool.
Jul 2012
4:55pm, 23 Jul 2012
419 posts
manda_r
HI
I won a pool mate.. Hoorah... but I already have one.
So going to sell it on Ebay but thought I would see if anyone here wanted it before I did.
£50 - fmail me if interested.
Mar 2013
11:07am, 23 Mar 2013
2373 posts
The Scribbler
I got sent a pool mate to review - my verdict on my other blog:
thescribbler.wordpress.com

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by parkbench
Just had a new one of these for my birthday. Went to the pool today with great expectations. They we...