BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Politics

1 lurker | 163 watchers
7 May
7:41pm, 7 May 2021
5076 posts
BanjoBax
Johnny - Agree with your analysis on Brexit and culture being much bigger factors

Was responding to idea the move towards Blair necessarily being good for Labour, certainly not everywhere, small beer as you say to the free pass the most incompetent and corrupt govt of my lifetime seem to be getting.
7 May
9:46pm, 7 May 2021
8500 posts
Too Much Water
News from the London mayoral election - first preference whatever that means.

Binface on 1%, within distance of the Lib Dems. Bailey and Khan fairly close - a sign of how much Khan is loathed more than Bailey is loved though
7 May
10:07pm, 7 May 2021
25076 posts
Johnny Blaze
Khan will win. Nailed on.
7 May
10:57pm, 7 May 2021
17573 posts
Chrisull
The big question will Binface beat the "Waitrose Tommy Robinson" aka Fox?

Please make it so London, please please please.
7 May
11:07pm, 7 May 2021
25077 posts
Johnny Blaze
Lozza is bent on self-destruction, bless him.
7 May
11:08pm, 7 May 2021
17574 posts
Chrisull
And INews - interesting take - but one I see echoed elsewhere, Labour did nothing wrong, opposition parties are generally irrelevant if the incumbent is perceived as competent:

inews.co.uk

Incumbents won in England, Scotland and Wales all comfortably.
7 May
11:17pm, 7 May 2021
14252 posts
rf_fozzy
There was something in the BBC News live feed earlier from Khalid Mahmood MP (and until recently in the shadow cabinet) and he has decided that it's the "Woke elite" that are the problem:

"A London-based bourgeoisie, with the support of brigades of woke social media warriors, has effectively captured the party.

"They mean well, of course, but their politics – obsessed with identity, division and even tech utopianism – have more in common with those of Californian high society than the kind of people who voted in Hartlepool yesterday.

"The loudest voices in the Labour movement over the past year in particular have focused more on pulling down Churchill’s statue than they have on helping people pull themselves up in the world.

"A bit of superficial flag-waving – reinforced by urgent memos from party HQ – isn’t going to fix that.

"We fix that by supporting jobs in these so-called left behind areas – with changes to public procurement, for example, that bring jobs back to the UK and support manufacturing jobs, including those in high tech, advanced manufacturing."

bbc.co.uk
7 May
11:18pm, 7 May 2021
14253 posts
rf_fozzy
(personally I think he's wrong, but then according to some I'm part of the liberal metropolitan woke whatever (I'll take liberal and metropolitan, but the rest, probably not))
7 May
11:21pm, 7 May 2021
25078 posts
Johnny Blaze
I love the way the media are reporting a Conservative vote as "a vote for change". Whodafuck do they think have been in charge for the last 11 years?

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
A place where we can debate politics and along the way tick off all these logical fallacies.

yourlogicalfallacyis.com

When you debate here, please remember the following guide - How to Debate well:

bigthink.com

Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

US Republican Senators voting to Convict

Grast_girl - 25
Happy G - 21
Roberto - 20
JB, Nellers - 19
Big G -18

Simbil, Sushi 17 -- 17 needed --

JK - 16
Dvorak - 14
stuart little, macca53 - 11
B Rubble - 10
BanjoBax, J2R - 9