Pockets/Phones

9 watchers
Apr 2018
3:17pm, 9 Apr 2018
17,877 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I did see that smartphone belt the other day Stu. It's worth a thought. Not the ideal solution, as I'd rather have something that's already in the shorts, as its one less thing to lose/forget/need to wash.

Similar with the running buddy LG. I'd also worry about the risk of dropping my stuff in a portaloo, as well. I presume that fear to be unfounded.
Apr 2018
3:20pm, 9 Apr 2018
17,878 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Although, while I look at Decathlon:

decathlon.co.uk

Shame I haven't got a store within a couple of hours' drive from me to have a look. They didn't have any at Lakeside when I was there, sadly.
Apr 2018
3:45pm, 9 Apr 2018
4,082 posts
  •  
minardi
I've got a decathlon trail skort and the pockets are fabulous - you could take a picnic for 4 people in all the pockets (I may be slightly exaggerating)
Apr 2018
3:47pm, 9 Apr 2018
2,195 posts
  •  
StuH
Those shorts do look good.
Apr 2018
3:52pm, 9 Apr 2018
33,655 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Er: top review:
"These are probably the worst shorts I've got. The materials seem ok, but they chafe so much. Did 2km in them tonight and got a sore sac!!"
Apr 2018
3:57pm, 9 Apr 2018
2,196 posts
  •  
StuH
Ah, didn't look at the reviews, maybe not!
Apr 2018
4:07pm, 9 Apr 2018
17,879 posts
  •  
DeeGee
A sore sac can be avoided if you take a route straight through what is known as parkrun.

Or wear compression shorts.
Apr 2018
5:16pm, 9 Apr 2018
1,827 posts
  •  
Fitz
"Now, I've been bought one of those flipbelt things which works really well when I'm training and allows me to carry a couple of other things as well, but it's a godawful faff exposing my beer belly, flipping the belt over and extracting the phone from the depths of it if I wish to take a photo of something which catches my eye."

I have a Flipbelt and use it to carry my phone (in its mp3 / podcast player role) on lots of runs. But I've never felt the need to "flip" it, that is I always wear it with the access slots on the outside. Nothing has ever fallen out, even when I've been carrying half a dozen gels in it for a mara.

Keep the FlipBelt but lose the flipping flipping.
Apr 2018
8:42pm, 9 Apr 2018
15,808 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Why not just buy a smaller (cheaper) phone to use whilst running and forward your calls/ swap sims?
Apr 2018
9:44pm, 9 Apr 2018
40,808 posts
  •  
Fierce and Focused Fleecy
They're for women but I wear Ron Hill trail capris and they have gazillions of pockets and the back one could swallow a brick I reckon. So try Ron Hill?

About This Thread

Maintained by DeeGee
I've done a quick search, and the only question about pockets was from 4 years ago. Ironically,...