Plantar Fasciitis??

1 lurker | 106 watchers
Mar 2022
10:21pm, 30 Mar 2022
25,630 posts
  •  
Serendippily
MSK chap I saw said it is 50/50 whether the insole/rest route or the barefoot/strengthening route works. If it isn’t stable or slowly getting better it is worth switching. It was a long 2 years for me but it was getting better
Mar 2022
10:23pm, 30 Mar 2022
25,631 posts
  •  
Serendippily
And one glute is def not firing properly and that affects the way impact is spread and results in foot bearing brunt
Mar 2022
7:27am, 31 Mar 2022
14,111 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Am.suffering at the moment and am finding being at home now barefoot most of the time is generally OK. PF also seems to be worse when having an arthritis flare. Seems to aggravate foot when I am out for a day wearing shoes or boots.

No wellies here, walking shoes are the most comfortable thing to wear.
May 2022
9:43am, 13 May 2022
585 posts
  •  
Minimag
I believe I might be suffering from this :(

Started on Monday during a quite hilly run, I was limping badly the rest of Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday I could almost walk normally. Today there was only slight pain, so I went for a short gentle jog. It is still there, but I am not back at the limping stage. I will try the recommended stretching exercises and read this thread
May 2022
2:57pm, 13 May 2022
2,314 posts
  •  
Mushroom
Sorry to hear that Minimag. After several years, I'm still managing it rather than recovered from it. I have the odd day when it lets me know it's still around. But, importantly, it doesn't stop me.

Runners World (shudder) had a page of info / few tips recently -

runnersworld.com
May 2022
3:11pm, 13 May 2022
1,737 posts
  •  
Big_G
I too have been struggling a bit with this but I am hoping to trot around a parkrun tomorrow to see how it is. I have found really stretching the calf out seems to have helped me the most.
May 2022
9:01am, 20 May 2022
956 posts
  •  
The Pin Lady
Has anyone else had shooting pains on the side of the heel when they have had PF? (It's my left foot and the pain is on the right side of the heel - about 1 cm up from the bottom - does that make sense?)

If they have had this - does it go when the pf resolves itself or is it something other than pf?
May 2022
9:15am, 20 May 2022
42,375 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Mine is always just an ache in the arch, tenderness to touch. Doesn't usually go into heel for me. Hope you find some relief. :-) G
May 2022
9:23am, 20 May 2022
5,279 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
My left heel just aches no pain for me anywhere.
May 2022
6:39pm, 20 May 2022
14,456 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
My left heel hurt like heck, was always the most painful. Ended up clearing up after some back exercises from the physio - was apparently not PF but presented itself as PF

About This Thread

Maintained by geordiegirl
Hi guys & gals

I know this will have been covered loads of times before but I’m just wondering ...

Couple of links from HappyG(rrr) & CableTow

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=425

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=508