Plantar Fasciitis??

3 lurkers | 106 watchers
Feb 2021
3:13pm, 27 Feb 2021
37,837 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Interesting one whiteflash haven't heard of that one before. Could you find a YouTube of it? Glad you've got a solution. :-) G
Feb 2021
3:25pm, 27 Feb 2021
4,751 posts
  •  
Pikelet
I’d like to see it too if poss. Glad it’s helping 😀
Feb 2021
7:08am, 28 Feb 2021
343 posts
  •  
whiteflash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74cvWvL_Jv0

Try the above, hopefully that links. That isn’t my physio but that’s what he got me doing. About 12 hours after doing it, I had real soreness in the front half of soles of feet. This went after 24-48 hours. Ever since my PF started I have suspected that I have some bio mech imbalance, which I have suspected has origins in soleus. I have been doing straight knee heel raises for ages which seemed to ease an element of insertional Achilles tendinopathy (self diagnosed), but I never thought of doing bent knee ones to develop the soleus. It is early days for me but happy to share any insight as PF has left me dormant and I’ve been looking for a silver bullet. Having read all 236 pages of this thread covering a decade, I know the silver bullet doesn’t exist and you just need to find the thing that works for you.
Feb 2021
9:28am, 28 Feb 2021
21,039 posts
  •  
Serendippily
That is great. There have been three bits for me in hindsight:

1) Not adding to the overstrain - no pounding mileage, getting right trainers (in my case with insoles), cutting out heavy sole clumpy shoes and heels, not increasing mileage too much too soon
2) Relieving the overstrain, be it acupuncture, compression socks, electric therapy, night boots, taping - I tried most at some time,

3) finding the stretch or the rub. And in my case being careful with cold muscles was important too. I could feel nothing with calf stretches for a long time, my leg must’ve been rigid. Now I work on soleus, hamstring, shin and calf rubs that are more likely to help than rubbing sole off feet, but I’ve done my fair share of holding toes to relax calves. I am doing a lot more strengthening exercises now, bridge, side plank, single leg deadlifts. I found squats and burpees and down dog all kicked it off. When I can bring them back in safely I’ll know I’m really there, and that’s all worked alongside building mileage back
And to repeat my podiatrist: once you are improving, if you do get it wrong, you don’t go back to square one.
So it may not be a magic billet but if you find you’re stretch I think you’re a long way there
Feb 2021
9:53am, 28 Feb 2021
4,754 posts
  •  
Pikelet
Thanks for all the advice. Will give the bent knee raises a go, I’ve had soleus muscle strains a few times so maybe I have a weakness there too.
Feb 2021
10:09am, 28 Feb 2021
21,042 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Time is a great healer alongside. If it’s not getting worse and you’re not constantly provoking it, it’s getting better
Feb 2021
11:24am, 28 Feb 2021
4,755 posts
  •  
Pikelet
That’s how mine is at the moment Dipps. Still there but I can do reasonable mileage without it feeling worse as long as I don’t neglect the stretching. Only a few months ago even a one mile run to the gym and back was too much.
Feb 2021
11:35am, 28 Feb 2021
21,045 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Yes getting out of bed and standing was too much for a bit. Carrying shopping back from shops was too much for a bit. Now I can run and rarely remember I have it during running: but I am still managing it.
Mar 2021
10:13am, 3 Mar 2021
750 posts
  •  
Albert O Balsam
Thank you for posting that stretch whiteflash, and also 'well done' for going through all of the pages on this forum ! :-)
Mar 2021
2:46pm, 16 Mar 2021
20,199 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I came across this article earlier
thought it might be of use to those suffering sore feet
precisionhydration.com

About This Thread

Maintained by geordiegirl
Hi guys & gals

I know this will have been covered loads of times before but I’m just wondering ...

Couple of links from HappyG(rrr) & CableTow

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=425

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=508