Plantar Fasciitis??

106 watchers
Jan 2021
8:28am, 27 Jan 2021
37,285 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I wonder if it ever goes away completely or if it becomes a "scar" or some kind of structural damage? I still feel twinges 7 (?) years later! For instance, I was skiing on Sunday. Now ski boots are often uncomfortable when you wear them so infrequently, but I didn't expect to feel it in my Plantar. But it was agony after a couple of hours.

I feared that I had done more damage, but by the next morning, with my knuckle massage and some heat cream, and a day off running etc. it's all fine. I think. Fingers crossed. Bloomin PF, eh?! :-) G
Jan 2021
9:02am, 27 Jan 2021
567 posts
  •  
Gogsy!
I can relate to that HappyG ... any time I have niggles with PF nowadays, it's more likely to have been a pair of dress shoes or time up a ladder that have caused the flare-up.
Jan 2021
9:07am, 27 Jan 2021
4,569 posts
  •  
Pikelet
Hi whiteflash 😀 I’ve mainly been doing the foot on knee, then bend toes back to stretch the plantar together with calf stretches. While I’m sat working I also try and remember to do the same toe stretch against the floor. I’ve had calf issues in the past and have read tight calves can be a cause. Not sure what started it though!
Jan 2021
1:38pm, 27 Jan 2021
9,545 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
Definite structural damage for me!!!

11 years on.... still not fixed.....
Jan 2021
1:41pm, 27 Jan 2021
7,060 posts
  •  
Mouseytongue
Same. 6+ years and counting.
Jan 2021
1:48pm, 27 Jan 2021
1,955 posts
  •  
cackleberry
*whispers*

Mine seems to have gone...
2 and a half years was quite long enough.

I am still super cautious if I feel like my feet mght be aching though.
Jan 2021
2:01pm, 27 Jan 2021
1,450 posts
  •  
Mushroom
Another one here with 6+

Certain exercises and stretches do help ease any aches and throbs.

Now it's something I have to work at in order to live with / run with.
Jan 2021
6:02pm, 27 Jan 2021
20,587 posts
  •  
Serendippily
The way it’s improved over the last two years I think there was a root cause and a trigger that made it worse. I will always need to be careful but I think it’s so much better i am hoping it is as gone as any other niggle. I would really recommend calf and shin and hamstring stretches if you are putting pressure on the PF it is because the way you are landing is not spreading the load properly. I can find specific points now just behind the knee and to the front of my shin that release the pain but it can start hip down
Jan 2021
7:23pm, 27 Jan 2021
11,012 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
I still struggle with mine, its actually aching as I sit here now. I brought a massager that seems to really have helped me, used it a lot when I brought it, a couple of times a week now and it is vastly improved.

It seems that my turbo seems to aggravate it - not sure why as the bike doesn't
Feb 2021
10:17am, 27 Feb 2021
342 posts
  •  
whiteflash
So, 8 months in, seen physio, and I may just have a stretch that has worked. Early days, but I have done back to back days for the first time since June and it seems lots better. The stretch, well it is a bent knee heel lift. It stretches the soleus and sole of the foot at the same time. Quite difficult to do. Made my sole tight afterwards but seems to have unlocked something after 48 hours.

About This Thread

Maintained by geordiegirl
Hi guys & gals

I know this will have been covered loads of times before but I’m just wondering ...

Couple of links from HappyG(rrr) & CableTow

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=425

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=508