Plantar Fasciitis??

106 watchers
Nov 2020
1:49pm, 5 Nov 2020
135 posts
  •  
SjohnA
Just a quick question. Does anybody elses plantar make a creaking noise going down stairs? I cannot seem to find this symptom anywhere and I am sure it is coming from that area.
Nov 2020
2:00pm, 5 Nov 2020
10,358 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
No but my knees do
Nov 2020
2:04pm, 5 Nov 2020
42,213 posts
  •  
LindsD
Mine too!
Nov 2020
9:12pm, 5 Nov 2020
18,497 posts
  •  
Rosehip
My ankles creak in the morning, I rotate ankles and point feet up and down before I get out of bed, there is much creaking and clicking, but by the time I get up, it's my knees that are making noises!

I used a Low-Dye taping technique when my PF was at its worst - using cheap zinc oxide tape. Daughter did it for me using one of the youtube videos
Jan 2021
9:28pm, 26 Jan 2021
335 posts
  •  
whiteflash
I just want rid of it! 7 months in. Put on nearly 2 stone. Been on a diet since new year in the hope that it will miraculously get better. Have a physio appointment lined up from the Doctors, so hopefully that may work.
Jan 2021
9:50pm, 26 Jan 2021
4,564 posts
  •  
Pikelet
I’ve had it about 7 months too. Managed to get running again with much reduced mileage and keeping it at bay with stretching. It’s not getting worse but not really getting better either.
Jan 2021
10:22pm, 26 Jan 2021
20,580 posts
  •  
Serendippily
It really is better for me. It’s still there, I’m still careful in the morning, but I skipped yesterday and ran another 5 miles today and there is barely a twinge as long as I’m careful. I would recommend a good podiatrist. The lovely Paul at the podiatry centre saw my cousin, put him on the treadmill, advised a change in shoe plus off the shelf insoles, and he’s back up to half marathon again. I was two years but I really mucked myself up and it took insoles for me. Hang on in there
Jan 2021
10:25pm, 26 Jan 2021
20,581 posts
  •  
Serendippily
I think the critical question is: am I getting a little better of a little worse. Although I was two years, most of that was getting better and I did have the neuromas too. Once I could safely add hamstring stretches to the calf stretches that was a step change.
Jan 2021
7:42am, 27 Jan 2021
336 posts
  •  
whiteflash
Hi pikelet, what stretches are you doing? I have tried many, many different ones.

Thanks Serend. Been to podiatrist and got some v exp orthotics.
Jan 2021
8:03am, 27 Jan 2021
271 posts
  •  
SjohnA
Well I don't know if its coincidence but I purchased a percussion massager and used it 3 times a day for about a week I also purchased a pair of barefoot minimalist shoes. After one run in the shoes the pain has completely gone.

I must have had it for 6 months or so and even rest had not fixed it. I have been pain free now for 2 weeks.

About This Thread

Maintained by geordiegirl
Hi guys & gals

I know this will have been covered loads of times before but I’m just wondering ...

Couple of links from HappyG(rrr) & CableTow

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=425

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=508