Piriformis Syndrome

12 watchers
Jan 2017
6:32am, 8 Jan 2017
1,441 posts
  •  
Mrs Hamish
Been suffering pain in butt for weeks. Stretch regularly and weekly sports massages. Pelvis was askew but not now. Any suggestions? Really beginning to get me down now. Thanks.
Jan 2017
8:15am, 8 Jan 2017
First-time poster!!
  •  
Brig
I get this on occasion and this has helped me

kinetic-revolution.com
Jan 2017
11:41am, 8 Jan 2017
1,445 posts
  •  
Mrs Hamish
Thanks. Had a look. Seems most things come back to weak glutes.
Jan 2017
12:40pm, 8 Jan 2017
3 posts
  •  
Brig
Yep.... I am now continually building a bigger butt! 🍑
Jan 2017
12:46pm, 8 Jan 2017
1,446 posts
  •  
Mrs Hamish
😯
Jan 2017
3:13pm, 8 Jan 2017
10,073 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I get this a lot :( The pigeon-fold stretch relieves the ache for me, clams are a really good exercise. I see a physio periodically for some intensive massage - and sit on a trigger ball sometimes!
Jan 2017
5:26pm, 8 Jan 2017
4,700 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
Mrs Hamish - after struggling with piriformis syndrome for almost 7 months and having tried numerous stretches, sports massage etc etc I went to see a guy recommended to me who focusses on running gait as he is of the view poor running gait/form causes a lot of the piriformis issues. I was slightly skeptical that he could fix things but after only a week of doing his recommended stretches and dealing with the poor form (I twisted my arm a bit and over strided) I was about 80% recovered and several week later am now almost back to 100 % strength and virtually pain free. It's literally miraculous. They put a before and after video of me running on their website. I'd highly recommend getting your gait analysed by an expert. As well as sorting my piriformis the improved gait is showing bug time improvements and my running just feels easier. Here's a link to the before & after video - the bottom video is before and the top after! facebook.com
Jan 2017
6:05pm, 8 Jan 2017
1,447 posts
  •  
Mrs Hamish
Thanks for that.
Jan 2017
6:06pm, 8 Jan 2017
1,448 posts
  •  
Mrs Hamish
Wow what a difference re the running form. Mine is definitely the before version.
Jan 2018
8:57pm, 15 Jan 2018
57 posts
  •  
Rossco Peeko
My running has ground to a painful halt after a niggle has gradually become a major pain and weakness in the right leg. I have narrowed this down to potentially being PS. Is it possible that this was caused by a heavy fall on ice just after Christmas? Or just overtraining/bad form?

About This Thread

Maintained by
Been suffering pain in butt for weeks. Stretch regularly and weekly sports massages. Pelvis was aske...