Pins and Needles?!?

1 watcher
Mar 2013
7:48pm, 26 Mar 2013
326 posts
  •  
London Nici
I have a weird one and wondered if anyone had any thoughts/advice.

When I press on the ball of my left foot I get a dull pain and the sensation of pins and needles up into the toe next to big toe (does that toe even have a name?).

It happens when I walk or run. When I run it gets to the point that the end of the toe goes numb. There is no pain otherwise. I don't notice it at all when I'm not moving about. It's literally when I press down on the ball area.

I have been traing nicely for VLM. Everything going well until I got a chest infection a couple of weeks ago. I had to take a week off and this has started since I came back from said week off. Now granted in this last week my mileage has been poor as I am having some lung capacity issues but I can't see that there's any connection.

Thoughts?
Mar 2013
8:33pm, 26 Mar 2013
608 posts
  •  
Cyclops
My toe next to the big toe has a name as it is longer than my big toe and, therefore, a Morton's toe! Those of us with 'classical Greek feet' are known to have many problems with them...
Mar 2013
9:07pm, 26 Mar 2013
15,463 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Look up 'Morton's Neuroma'

There is a thread on here, but I think it was misspelled with 'Motons' in the header.
Mar 2013
11:27pm, 26 Mar 2013
327 posts
  •  
London Nici
Cheers Johnny. Loads of info in the misspelled thread. All roads point to MN but I'm not going to self diagnose. I change jobs right after VLM (and hence change insurance) so will have to wait till then and tough it out in the meantime.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Beanie Boat Nici
I have a weird one and wondered if anyone had any thoughts/advice.

When I press on the ball of my...