Pilates

6 watchers
Oct 2016
11:37am, 7 Oct 2016
5,916 posts
  •  
Jambomo
Hello folks. I am looking to do some Pilates at home and wondered if anyone could recommend a good online course or set that I could use? (I was about to show my age and say video there :))

Thanks in advance :)
Oct 2016
12:33pm, 7 Oct 2016
4,413 posts
  •  
sallykate
Check out Lynne Robinson's "body control" Pilates. Some videos on YouTube or you can buy DVDs. Maybe worth a one to one initial session with a Pilates teacher to identify the best moves for whatever you want to achieve.
Oct 2016
1:25pm, 7 Oct 2016
9,407 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
I'm planning to do this tomorrow. Fitness Blender vids are usually good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4thujUsx9pI&list=PL0TBLJUFa5whmAyclvF0lgUxvaiuDgMg5&index=10
Oct 2016
1:31pm, 7 Oct 2016
9,408 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
You can search their vids easiest here but they are all watchable in YouTube. If you have a smart TV, you can watch them on the tele.
Oct 2016
1:31pm, 7 Oct 2016
9,409 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
fitnessblender.com
Oct 2016
1:49pm, 7 Oct 2016
5,918 posts
  •  
Jambomo
Brilliant, thanks SallyKate and Keefy, I'll give both a try and see which I prefer :)
Oct 2016
1:52pm, 7 Oct 2016
12,300 posts
  •  
mulbs
Not pilates, but for yoga I use this youTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene
2 Feb
11:18am, 2 Feb 2024
9,746 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
Hello :)

I just wanted to pop here in case anyone is still doing some Pilates. I have a herniated disc that's on and off a total PITA so have been doing lots of Pilates of a lot of months. I've tried various face to face classes and been very bored and thought what the hell is the point of this it feels like it's doing nothing.

Then I found Pilates for Runners. It's a subscription app but it's much cheaper than you'd pay for classes anyway and it really is so damn good. A runner Liz does the sessions, you can do them on demand or live and I just wanted to spread the word a bit for anyone who isn't aware of it because it's been a game changer for me. My attention span is small ;) I like the fact there are 10 min, 20 min, 30 min, 60 min classes/short sessions depending on what time you have available. It's just so running specific, even feet strengthening!

This is the website if anyone wants to try, I think you can get a week for free with this.

pilatesforrunners.co.uk

Just trying to spread some love on a Friday for something I've found so helpful :)
2 Feb
11:23am, 2 Feb 2024
67,603 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Interesting, thanks, Gymfreak :)
2 Feb
8:54pm, 2 Feb 2024
943 posts
  •  
Jenelopy
Thanks Gymfreak, I'll check those out. I've been trying some from Lottie Murphy recently which I've enjoyed but they're not running (or any sport) focused.

lottiemurphy.com

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hello folks. I am looking to do some Pilates at home and wondered if anyone could recommend a good o...