Pictures in Routes

17 watchers
May 2014
12:20pm, 13 May 2014
14,264 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Hiya Fetchies :-)

If you like sharing routes, or if you like taking pictures whilst you're out and about, or possibly both, then give this a try...

You can now add a nice pic to each of your routes e.g. http://www.fetcheveryone.com/routes-view.php?id=1705913 to show other runners just exactly how lovely your route is (or conversely, just what you have to put up with). If you make the route public, there's a handy URL for sharing, or a button that will do a Tweet for you. There's also a little voting panel, so you can vote up the ones you like the best (so we can hopefully generate a nice list of the most-loved routes).

I know that there are plenty more improvements to be made to the routes tool (particularly if you need to edit an existing route), and I'm working through some of those. I also intend to give you the opportunity to record times against each others routes, so you can do league tables if that's the sort of thing that floats your boat :-)

More to come then, but I thought you might like to try the pictures.

Fetch
May 2014
12:43pm, 13 May 2014
404 posts
  •  
faithfulred
Great! I live around there (Attenborough) so I might give that route a try!
May 2014
1:22pm, 13 May 2014
14,265 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
It's maybe not the awesome-est of routes, but it's one that I had a picture for. There's a nice path from Attenborough to Trent Lock - do you know that one?
May 2014
1:31pm, 13 May 2014
405 posts
  •  
faithfulred
Yeah, that's the route I use for my long runs (or not so long runs as they've become lately). I've been looking to mix things up a bit though as I tend to stick to the same old routes.
May 2014
1:35pm, 13 May 2014
2,548 posts
  •  
minardi.
I'm being a bit blond - where do you add the photo? Presumably you have to have saved the route somewhere first?
May 2014
1:36pm, 13 May 2014
14,266 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Here's another good local one for you - it goes up part of the Erewash canal, as far as Stapleford, then back down through Toton Sidings. Might be a useful way to explore part of the canal without doing the whole thing in one hit:

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/routes-view.php?id=275504

The guy who uploaded this one (chrisity) bats for Long Eaton RC, and he knows *all* the local routes :-)
May 2014
1:37pm, 13 May 2014
14,267 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
minardi - it has to be your own route - and there should be a link in a grey box just above the map. Can you see it?
May 2014
1:41pm, 13 May 2014
2,549 posts
  •  
minardi.
cheers - I hadn't got the route saved :-) Told you I was being blond
May 2014
1:47pm, 13 May 2014
17,503 posts
  •  
HellsBells
I spent many an evening in the late 70's walking the dog round Attenborough :-)
May 2014
2:46pm, 13 May 2014
14,268 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
There's a lovely circuit there to include in a run :-)

I've added a link on private routes now enabling you to switch them to public with one click.

It's lovely to see a few people giving this a try - here's one:

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/route-1501785

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hiya Fetchies

If you like sharing routes, or if you like taking pictures whilst you're out and about, or possibly both, then give this a try...

You can now add a nice pic to each of your routes e.g. http://www.fetcheveryone.com/route-1705913 to show other runners just exactly how lovely your route is (or conversely, just what you have to put up with). If you make the route public, there's a handy URL for sharing, or a button that will do a Tweet for you. There's also a little voting panel, so you can vote up the ones you like the best (so we can hopefully generate a nice list of the most-loved routes).

I know that there are plenty more improvements to be made to the routes tool (particularly if you need to edit an existing route), and I'm working through some of those. I also intend to give you the opportunity to record times against each others routes, so you can do league tables if that's the sort of thing that floats your boat

More to come then, but I thought you might like to try the pictures.

Fetch