Pi Club

39 watchers
Feb 2016
10:33pm, 25 Feb 2016
3,153 posts
  •  
Ceratonia
Was talking to one of the micro:bit board designers today (social chit-chat, not about the board). Haven't followed too closely, but I think the reason it is so delayed is all down to the battery - they had to switch out the original watch battery for some reason.
Feb 2016
10:36pm, 25 Feb 2016
1,355 posts
  •  
shanksi
Pi Zero seems to be out of stock everywhere at the moment :(

We currently have two pis - one that gets swapped around between general mucking about and running old games using retro pi, and another running kodi media centre. I want another one and a decent DAC HAT to set up a music player.
Feb 2016
10:38pm, 25 Feb 2016
17,046 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I've emailed Energenie to ask them about their GPIO add-on. Some of the comments on their Amazon page suggest that even though it's only 13x2 pins, it might not leave me with enough spare useful pins to control my temperature sensor. But some of the comments on there were a bit daft, so I am still hopeful.
Feb 2016
10:42pm, 25 Feb 2016
First-time poster!!
  •  
mattglen_
I've had a Pi for a couple of years now and everything needed to run it, but I've never done more than play around on it using software on the pre-installed SD Card. I really want to get back in to it, so does any one have any suggestions for cool projects I could do?
Feb 2016
10:46pm, 25 Feb 2016
17,047 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Here's a bunch of ideas:

itpro.co.uk
Feb 2016
11:53pm, 25 Feb 2016
11,417 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
With the micro bit the issue was apparently that cell batteries are a h&s issue
Feb 2016
10:54am, 26 Feb 2016
8,515 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Another double Pi owner here, one allows me to play Itunes on my stereo speakers via wi-fi (and a tweaked version of volumio), the other is currently configured to do motion camera capture, but isn't doing anything at the mo.
Feb 2016
11:18am, 26 Feb 2016
2,946 posts
  •  
lunaman
Hello hello. Another owner coming out of a pretty dusty closet.

Maybe this'll encourage me to get back to it - I got as far as this flic.kr with a Pi B2 which was really exciting! I was trying to find a way to use it in an exhibition to distribute audio through lots of mini speakers. Got a bit sidetracked because of the powering issue for the speakers in the venue and ended up using MP3 players, and it's now stuck in a box.
Matt, I was using the Programming Raspberry Pi: Getting Started with Python book, and I'm completely electrically clueless.
Feb 2016
12:47pm, 26 Feb 2016
277 posts
  •  
davelord
I use them as networked video players for information boards in factory loading videos exported from powerpoint presentation via FTP, and i also had a go at temperature monitoring to manage heating, but ended up using heating control data (Salus) and getting the Pi feeding that info to thingspeak to log info and graph run times v. temperature, I need to revisit the pi really
Feb 2016
7:44pm, 26 Feb 2016
4,164 posts
  •  
Nightjar
Another Pi newbie here. Got the kit fro RS components. Web site has some resources worth looking through I think. Not managed to do anything with it yet because I couldn't find an SD card adapter anywhere.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I thought I'd start a thread for Raspberry Pi fans. This is it :-)