Physio cost.....

3 watchers
Aug 2013
12:42am, 7 Aug 2013
6,222 posts
  •  
Sombrero
Hola.

I've had a crappy knee problem for a while and resting it hasn't helped so it's time to call upon a physio.

I contacted one through my gym and the initial cost is £48 for a 45 minute session. I nearly fainted.

It's been a while since I saw a physio and can't remember how much it was but I'm sure this is steep.

Am trying to find one in Chester (as I work here during the week) so will shop around a bit - am trying out recommendations and seeing what the difference is in cost.

So, does £48 seem a lot??
Aug 2013
1:25am, 7 Aug 2013
1,407 posts
  •  
sLickster
Nah, I think that's about the going rate. I think my initial appointment was pretty much £50 for nearly an hour, as the first one is all the background and stuff. Think the second onwards was about £35 for ~30mins. But if you can built good trust in a physio then you'd certainly be getting reasonable value...you cannot put a price on your health!
Aug 2013
8:40am, 7 Aug 2013
1,726 posts
  •  
Crooked-smile
My physio is £30 for an appointment, which is usually 30-40 miuntes depending on how much help you need! the sports massage is a bit more (£37) but that's because you're there for an hour.

that's up in Aberdeen but many things are more expensive here... as SLickster says you can't put a price on your health, but that does seem a wee bit steep to me
Aug 2013
8:42am, 7 Aug 2013
2,387 posts
  •  
Endorphins Junky
Am sure you will have thought about this, but just in case - does your employer have an Occupational Health team? They can sometimes refer to a physio at the employer's expenses - that's the case where I work.
Aug 2013
9:32am, 7 Aug 2013
6,223 posts
  •  
Sombrero
Oh 'eck, cheers for the replies.

I'm going to see if the physio I've previously used in Sheffield can do Saturday mornings....

EJ, I'm self-employed so that's not an option but a good idea.
Aug 2013
9:49am, 7 Aug 2013
614 posts
  •  
Butterflies
I used to pay £50 for an initial session then £35 after that for 30mins, and it had to be cash!!!!!! Have since found a brill physio who is £35 for 45 mins, no matter what.
Aug 2013
9:50am, 7 Aug 2013
30 posts
  •  
environMENTAL
Oh I feel that pain.

I paying £36 to see a chiropractor (his initial consultation was £72, thereafter £36) and £35 for a sports therapist - I think a good sports therapist is well worth it. I was concerned initially going to see people and spending out quite a bit of dosh, which i don't really have spare, but it is paying off as problems i have had for some years were identified and I estimate 6 - 8 weeks to sort things out. I am planning on doing an ironman and can't afford to ignore the little problems.

Be patient with it, it stings when you hand over the cash but in the long run you will really benefit from it. :) hope it gets better soon.
Aug 2013
9:52am, 7 Aug 2013
867 posts
  •  
The Juicer
£30 for 30 mins. A quid a minute! Although I visit the physio because I can't run, I somehow found the ability to jog when I thought I was going to be late!
Aug 2013
10:03am, 7 Aug 2013
13,306 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
You'd be hard pushed to find a garage that would charge less than a quid a minute for labour :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sombrero
Hola.

I've had a crappy knee problem for a while and resting it hasn't helped so it's time to ...