Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Periods periods periods... And sport

15 watchers
Mar 2019
4:58pm, 5 Mar 2019
45494 posts
The Mighty Fleecy
Lol, the more men who realise women are people with hormonal issues which shouldn’t be sniggered at, the better in my book.
Mar 2019
5:01pm, 5 Mar 2019
6051 posts
sallykate
WL I also used to have very painful periods - to the point of taking time off work sometimes - but not since giving birth or coming off the pill (had to switch to a coil due to migraine). I've always been able to tell when I'm ovulating, it's called mittelschmerz ("middle pain") and can be quite bad for me.
Mar 2019
5:03pm, 5 Mar 2019
4710 posts
Wine Legs
Well, I wonder how I tell the difference between perimenopause and just fucking awful cycles. They're unbelievably regular, which made me think it was a post-birth thing rather than a pre-menopause thing. That's the joy of being a geriatric mother.

I have two weeks of VERY painful boobs. And a period every 27-28 days. Joy!
Mar 2019
5:07pm, 5 Mar 2019
45495 posts
The Mighty Fleecy
Well at least you won’t be going through perimenopause when your kids are going through adolescence, small mercies :)
I’ve found the family planning nurse helpful with period stuff if you have one, it’s probably a nice change for them from doing smears :)
Mar 2019
10:44am, 6 Mar 2019
30617 posts
HappyG(rrr)
Lol V'rap. Oh, I'm already up 5 times in the night going to the loo. Not a grumbling prostate, just being a runner and drinking water all day, plus a caffeine addict!

The Menopause thread was really useful in my suggesting to my wife to see the doc to ask about hormone treatment. She is suffering terrible hot flushes and other symptoms, but she thought it was going away and her instinct is always just to soldier through it. It's miserable. Hoping she'll make the appointment and they can help her.

Thanks for allowing me to hang about! :-) G

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Tomsmum
To make Fleeecy happy bit also because we need to talk about it.

Personally I find the week befor...