Penistone Hill Race

1 watcher
Sep 2013
9:04am, 28 Sep 2013
1,102 posts
  •  
Winniefree
Can I please make a shameless plug for this race? Our local leisure centre was faced with closure due to the local authority cutbacks, and after a prolonged effort and hundreds of voluntary hours, a doggedly determined group from our community have taken the centre on and run it for the community. The race is to raise funds and support their efforts, as well as a celebration of the recent official opening. There are all the usual age category prizes, plus everyone who stays for the presentation and produces their number gets a prize - as well as the warm glow from having supported the local sporting community. Full details here pfrac.co.uk and on the race listings.
I'll be there, somewhere near the back!!
Oct 2013
12:14am, 3 Oct 2013
285 posts
  •  
Andy39
Good luck with it. I would have entered were I not working.
Oct 2013
12:54pm, 3 Oct 2013
1,107 posts
  •  
Winniefree
Thanks Andy. My husband's now entering as well, at least that's two Fetchies :-)
May 2014
7:53am, 23 May 2014
196 posts
  •  
Barry Cornelius
Thie year's race is on Sunday September 28th at 1030. ukresults.net
Sep 2015
9:05pm, 13 Sep 2015
1,280 posts
  •  
Winniefree
It's that time again! Another plug for this race, it's tough but very scenic, and the prizes are fantastic. It's also all in aid of our community run local leisure centre. It'd be lovely to see some Fetchies there :-)
Sep 2015
9:08pm, 13 Sep 2015
1,281 posts
  •  
Winniefree
Oh yes, details: pfrac.co.uk

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Winniefree
Can I please make a shameless plug for this race? Our local leisure centre was faced with closure du...