Peloton

4 watchers
Sep 2021
7:47pm, 11 Sep 2021
1,849 posts
  •  
Heinzster
My wife has just invested in a peloton bike, and I have had a couple of rides on it. I'm surprised that there isn't already a thread here so I thought I may as well start one!
Any peloton fans and any tips for newbies?
Sep 2021
9:59am, 16 Sep 2021
12,592 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
bit expensive for me, I think I'll be sticking with My road bike and Tacx trainer. I'd be interested in people's thoughts regarding what makes the cost justified over the likes of say Zwift. Is the instructor led classes worth the extra?
Sep 2021
1:11pm, 16 Sep 2021
1,851 posts
  •  
Heinzster
I have taken a few on demand classes, no live ones. The quality is excellent. MrsH and some of her friends have found it really good with live classes and they set up a small chat group so they can talk to each other throughout.
Sep 2021
1:51pm, 16 Sep 2021
12,595 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
I guess it's seen as a gym replacement and as such tries to replicate gym type fees. I'd heard good things about the live classes. I am a skinflint though and don't belong to a gym!
Dec 2021
1:08pm, 31 Dec 2021
931 posts
  •  
RicC
I'm considering buying one as a few deals going about right now. I take it there is no current way of importing Peloton workout data to Fetch?
Dec 2021
2:26pm, 31 Dec 2021
2,015 posts
  •  
Heinzster
Peloton can automatically sync to the orange site (how do people get strikethrough?). I then have an android app, sync my tracks, which allows export to Garmin connect and other sites. The app cost a couple of pounds for the full version.
Jan 2022
1:58pm, 3 Jan 2022
932 posts
  •  
RicC
Thanks Heinzster!
Jan 2022
3:40pm, 3 Jan 2022
254 posts
  •  
oprah
I got mine in August and I'm completely obsessed! They gave me £400 back on the price a week after I bought it, too. Worth every penny. I'm on there all the time. I'm now more into riding than running, when I only started riding because I was getting too many running injuries.

The power zone classes are the best if you're into structured training and more serious rides, but there's something for everyone. I love it!
Jan 2022
3:42pm, 3 Jan 2022
255 posts
  •  
oprah
On what makes the cost justified - I live in a flat and my neighbour complained about my turbo trainer. The Peloton is dead silent - I get on at 5:30 a.m. and no complaints! Before Covid I was spending £40 on Wattbike classes so that part is better value since I ride so much.

For me it's motivation to ride as much as possible because I can't justify the cost otherwise!
Jan 2022
3:43pm, 3 Jan 2022
256 posts
  •  
oprah
You can download workouts from strava and import here. I don't need a third party app to do that. Just export and then import tcx.

About This Thread

Maintained by Heinzster
My wife has just invested in a peloton bike, and I have had a couple of rides on it. I'm surpri...