PB listings

3 watchers
Oct 2016
7:38pm, 20 Oct 2016
1,125 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Does anyone know why a race listing on this site would be marked as 'Not included in our PB listings'?
Oct 2016
8:00pm, 20 Oct 2016
3,594 posts
  •  
Nelly
I'd imagine if the course isn't accurately measured (e.g. cross country) or the race description says "about Xmiles" then it wouldn't be included. Or I'd guess a virtual race couldn't be classed as a PB race either for the same reason.
Oct 2016
8:05pm, 20 Oct 2016
1,127 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
I wondered if it was because it's listed as cross country - but I changed the listing to trail and it's still not included.

Other trail races and virtual races are in the PB listings, I don't think there is anywhere to put that the course is accurate when you add a race.
Feb 2022
1:52pm, 28 Feb 2022
17,162 posts
  •  
larkim
What's the consequence of a race being italicised in the race listings? Ran a road race at the weekend with a full UKA licence etc and it's on a consistent course year on year, so would be good to get it updated, but I can't see an obvious way?
SPR
Feb 2022
2:00pm, 28 Feb 2022
36,353 posts
  •  
SPR
When the race was initially added, it was added with Not PB box ticked. This was available previously, but not anymore. I always make sure my XC races are marked non-PB and will use an old race where necessary to make sure. I guess others just mae every PB.

In terms of the specific race you mentioned Larkim. It's interesting that it's listed at 4.4 but comes out at 4.37 on both participants log. Not a big difference but I'd expect GPS to be slightly longer for an accurately measured course. The way courses are accurately measured means that they will be slightly longer than advertised if measured correctly.
Feb 2022
2:52pm, 28 Feb 2022
17,163 posts
  •  
larkim
Yes, agreed about the course length SPR. It's a risk I'm prepared to take :-)

The course measurement is actually not mentioned on the certificate, but as it is a) a non-standard distance that I doubt I'll race at any other event and b) it's a regularly used course so a PB is feasible it would be nice to have it ticked as such.

I'll send Fetch a message.
SPR
Feb 2022
3:09pm, 28 Feb 2022
36,354 posts
  •  
SPR
Wouldn't the official measured distance be shown on RB or PO10?
SPR
Feb 2022
3:09pm, 28 Feb 2022
36,355 posts
  •  
SPR
...or is that where 4.4 comes from?
Feb 2022
3:12pm, 28 Feb 2022
17,165 posts
  •  
larkim
Not sure. Maybe I'm mis-characterising it as a certificate rather than a licence, hence no distance logged.
Feb 2022
3:18pm, 28 Feb 2022
17,166 posts
  •  
larkim
Just checked coursemeasurement.org.uk and it's not listed with an official measure there so maybe the 4.4m is just the word of mouth. As I say, it's a regularly used route with no real option for shortcutting so year on year PBs there are achievable.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Fragile Do Not Bend
Does anyone know why a race listing on this site would be marked as 'Not included in our PB listing...