parkrun thread

2 lurkers | 488 watchers
Jun 2021
12:17pm, 16 Jun 2021
949 posts
  •  
Hunkyteddy
Haldon Forest has permission to get back. That's all my local ones except Yeovil.
(Though we still don't have a new route for Exeter Riverside)
Jun 2021
12:56pm, 16 Jun 2021
14,779 posts
  •  
larkim
Good to see another Forestry England one get the green light; I can't quite understand why it's taking them so long to unlock all of their sites as their scope will be quite different to local authorities. That said, it is at least logically credible that they are looking bespoke at each site and making the "correct" judgement. It just annoys me personally that my home event doesn't have the all clear just yet!!
Jun 2021
1:23pm, 16 Jun 2021
8,803 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
That’s good re Haldon. Must go there for for a walk at some point
jda
Jun 2021
1:41pm, 16 Jun 2021
10,365 posts
  •  
jda
"logically credible" when Forestry England consider things on a site-by-site basis, but "bordering on idiotic that different local authorities can look at identical facts and come up with different conditions or thresholds".

Uh-huh.
Jun 2021
1:46pm, 16 Jun 2021
14,780 posts
  •  
larkim
Oops - - did I really say that?
Jun 2021
1:52pm, 16 Jun 2021
14,781 posts
  •  
larkim
I'll defend myself though...

My criticism of LAs was that the impression was being given that there were different "systems of controls" required in different locations being demanded of parkrun when the fundamentals of the event were the same. e.g. capacity limits, temperatures of vest washing, pre event sign up etc.

My tolerance with Forestry England is that they don't appear to be demanding that parkrun is set up in a different way locally, but they are looking at whether their site has undergone a change of use since the last event there which might compromise the event.

I might be dancing on the head of a pin here, but I see a small (but subtle) distinction!
Jun 2021
11:29am, 18 Jun 2021
953 posts
  •  
Hunkyteddy
Yeovil Montacute wont be returning. At least to Montacute.
Bloody shame, I loved that course.
Before lockdown I did sense that the locals were getting more and more annoyed at the number of cars going through the village. It was the only one I went to regularly who had car park marshalls.
Sigh.
Jun 2021
12:38pm, 18 Jun 2021
47,785 posts
  •  
LindsD
Oh no. That was such a lovely parkrun :(
Jun 2021
12:57pm, 18 Jun 2021
4,188 posts
  •  
StuH