•  
Sigh
Great news, CW!
May 2021
7:29am, 9 May 2021
11,990 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
I am still trying to remember how everything works. Off for set up in a bit, hope I can remember the course :-) I’m RD next week as well so hopefully I should have things sorted by then :-)
May 2021
7:47am, 9 May 2021
46,895 posts
  •  
LindsD
Good luck
May 2021
1:33pm, 9 May 2021
253 posts
  •  
LouiseRuns 🌹🇬🇧 🇪🇺
chunkywizard, we started back last week - and forgot to take the tokens with us! Worked out alright in the end. 27 happy runners this morning. Lovely to see them back and enjoying themselves. Various people in the park commented how good it was to see them back, too, which was nice. There was an exercise group going on before the run, we didn't have anyone in our warm-up slot, so one of the volunteers asked the leader of the exercise group, and she very kindly did our warm-up. Children loved it!
May 2021
4:25pm, 9 May 2021
46,906 posts
  •  
LindsD
That's great.
May 2021
6:19pm, 9 May 2021
4,034 posts
  •  
Pothunter
Took part in a test event today. 27 runners. We had all pre-registered and a lady from the council was there and checked us in. I didn’t count the volunteers but there were a lot. Representatives from two planned new events were doing a lot of the roles.

Obviously 40-50 total participants (inc volunteers) is very different from a 300 runner event (which is roughly where we were before lockdown. But it was all very smooth and I didn’t ever feel “unsafe”.

Talking to the core team the council is wanting 2 new events to start up in the area in order to spread the numbers before they’ll give permission. One is very close (and was close before lockdown). The other is apparently not as far down the planning route.

It was so nice to catch up with everyone there.

The only downside was that having not done any speed work training for a year I am shattered! Went off way too fast and paid for it - I wasn’t the only one though :-)
May 2021
7:03pm, 9 May 2021
11,991 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
All went well this morning at Juniors. We had 181 finishers, joint highest in the Uk! :-o

It took a while to get going but ran very smoothly, mostly due to the awesome volunteers many of whom have been volunteers many times. In fact I might just go and add up the total for the group. At a guess I reckon it must be 1000+! Think that’s my blog sorted for tomorrow!
May 2021
7:04pm, 9 May 2021
925 posts
  •  
BK brighter days ahead
Pothunter - I suspect that one of those will be very popular once it starts. Pleased you had a successful morning.
May 2021
8:29pm, 9 May 2021
14,258 posts
  •  
larkim
Interesting that the council wants to get new events going before it will ok the existing event, if I'm understanding your post correctly pothunter.

Could end up being a bit chicken and egg.

Is the test event a parkrun official test event, or was it the council that instigated it?
May 2021
10:33pm, 9 May 2021
4,036 posts
  •  
Pothunter
Not sure as I’m not on core team. My feeling is that it was council requested.

And as I understand it their stance is they want all 3 to start at the same time. But don’t quote me on that.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hendo
A discussion of all things parkrun.

Here's a wiki giving brief reviews of parkruns up and down the land:

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=545

parkruns with restart permission: google.com

Note: Hendo is a boy.