parkrun Café

110 watchers
May 2021
9:27pm, 23 May 2021
2,330 posts
  •  
Groundhog
Fancy a light-hearted chat about your parkrun stories? First run, favourite parkrun, most beautiful parkrun, hardest course, craziest marshal, parkrun tourist on tour (i.e. how to get to Poland), parkrun family photos? Post them here.

I know there might not be much to talk about beyond reminiscing or anticipating just now, but, assuming we do get back to parkrun at the end of June, where will you go first?
May 2021
9:36pm, 23 May 2021
52,583 posts
  •  
DrPhleecingD
Subtitled the No Politics Allowed thread :)

I think I might go to Rushmoor, it’s got the best parking and is my favourite local course. I’d like to do Denbies again sometime too, it’s so pretty :)
May 2021
9:40pm, 23 May 2021
51,666 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Was just talking about my first run today to a woman I was running with for the first time?

Parkrun in Aberdeen was only in its second week when my sister told me about it...in the middle of a breakup with XH so I went with her. Never run in my life, borrowed her trainers and ran it in 34 minutes 😂😂
May 2021
9:42pm, 23 May 2021
51,667 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Sorry just looked back - 36 minutes
May 2021
9:47pm, 23 May 2021
First-time poster!!
  •  
hellywobs
I'm new to Fetch though I've lurked for years. Not sure why it's taken me so long to register, really.

Anyway, we might go to Guernsey on holiday as they are reopening their borders later in the summer, so that could be a nice tourist parkrun to do. Have done Jersey a number of times.

My son is hoping to go to York university this autumn, I have done York parkrun, but not Heslington or New Earswick, so there are a couple of new ones to do there.
May 2021
9:48pm, 23 May 2021
7,660 posts
  •  
TeeBee
That's pretty good LG!.
Bushy parkrun was my first, probably around 2009, I think. Still had the metal tokens and somebody with a laptop 'looking you up'

First one back likely to be my home parkrun, Crane. I was RD for the last one on 14th March last year. Took me months to offload the kit on to somebody else to store :-)
May 2021
9:49pm, 23 May 2021
7,661 posts
  •  
TeeBee
Welcome to Fetch hellywobs :-)
May 2021
9:50pm, 23 May 2021
51,669 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Thanks TB.

Loved my trip to Bressay (apart from the ferry) for my 250th
May 2021
10:03pm, 23 May 2021
2,695 posts
  •  
BarefootEm
Welcome Hellywobs 👋

Great idea for a thread GH ☺️

My favourite parkrun will always be Little Stoke, can't see another beating that 😢 even after setting up another one... The memories live on though 😍
May 2021
10:15pm, 23 May 2021
413 posts
  •  
Naughty_nickers
My first parkrun was little Stoke in 2014.. Ish

It closed and there's no really super flat ones close to home...

I hope to be more regular at parkrun this year as I stopped running for ages!

About This Thread

Maintained by Groundhog
Fancy a light-hearted chat about your parkrun stories? First run, favourite parkrun, most beautiful parkrun, hardest course, craziest marshal, parkrun tourist on tour (i.e. how to get to Poland), parkrun family photos? Post them here.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.