Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Parkrun 1st place

4 watchers
Apr 2018
9:47am, 15 Apr 2018
5 posts
JamesTrunner
Cheadle Hulme would have been the place for me this week. 19 runners and a winning time of 21:44. That could of been me.
Apr 2018
10:00am, 15 Apr 2018
2703 posts
Fizz :-)
I was first lady once at Corby in 26:07, there’s only been about five slower first ladies there. (Smallish parkrun anyway, on a December day when all the fast ladies were either cross-countrying or Christmas shopping :-))

Also at Pymmes which is (or was then) a tiny parkrun with about 20 runners :-)
JJJ
May 2018
12:54pm, 2 May 2018
24 posts
JJJ
My highest was 7 or 8th (of 15), the slowest first finishers (Bevendean Down) have been Men 23.51 and women 31.07!!

Just have to be lucky to be there on a week when there are races and bad weather to put a few more off!
Jun 2018
12:01pm, 8 Jun 2018
10 posts
JamesTrunner
Having started this thread a few weeks ago, I thought Id give an update. I am hoping for an opportunity tomorrow to beat my best placed finish of 3rd. Doesn't give me much scope but a few things seem to be aligned. I am running pretty well and confident I can get sub 21, Im going to a usually small parkrun (but hilly) and another inaugural event is taking place so hoping the field may be lessened! Id be happy with a 2nd, but if the opportunity for a 1st happens I will be singing from the rooftops :)
Jun 2018
1:26pm, 8 Jun 2018
6240 posts
The_Saint
A parkrun in the USA would probably do the trick for you.
Jun 2018
1:35pm, 8 Jun 2018
19434 posts
fetcheveryone
Blacke Combe?
Aug 2018
9:09pm, 17 Aug 2018
16 posts
stevieg
I had a spell of doing random parkruns a couple of years ago, in an uncertain time trying to build some confidence, so picked some I would come high up in.

I did South Oxhey, and went back a full 52 weeks of history, and I'd have won, sorry "come 1st" in all of them.

The week I went? Obviously came 3rd!!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by JamesTrunner
I want to talk about parkrun and my competitive streak. I'm not the best runner, and am strivi...