Parking in Brighton

1 watcher
Jun 2017
11:51am, 23 Jun 2017
51 posts
  •  
unknown fetchie
Hi guys

I am going to Brighton next weekend (july 1st and 2nd)

never been before

can you please tell me best place to park

:-) tony
Jun 2017
12:13pm, 23 Jun 2017
22 posts
  •  
George Smiley
Parking in Brighton is a nightmare especially in Summer. I would suggest parking out of Brighton and getting bus or train in. If not, there are multi-stories at Churchill Square and North Laine but these are pretty pricey, and one in Churchill square used to be much more expensive than the other. Parking at the Marina is free but a way out and only for 3 hours. There is a car park at the back of London road (again a way out) which was cheapish. When I go down I tend to get the bus in from the outskirts. Sorry that probably isn't much help.
Jun 2017
12:15pm, 23 Jun 2017
1,629 posts
  •  
StuHolmes
There is a P+R at Withdean, but I don't think you can leave your car there overnight.
Jun 2017
12:28pm, 23 Jun 2017
35,484 posts
  •  
Fierce and Fearless Fleecy
try one of those 'park on my drive' websites, multistoreys often are on there too and it can be much cheaper to book in advance than rock up on the day
Jun 2017
12:35pm, 23 Jun 2017
29,758 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Like this one: en.parkopedia.co.uk

Brighton is a *nightmare* in a car. Depending on how far you're coming from, you might be able to park somewhere like Hassocks and get a train in.
Jun 2017
1:05pm, 23 Jun 2017
52 posts
  •  
unknown fetchie
wow....

Thank-you
Thank-you
*Thank-you much.

all helpful

I guessed it would be bit of a night mare.

'Keeeeep running'
Jun 2017
1:22pm, 23 Jun 2017
1,984 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I'd agree with George. Brighton Station might be a bit of a walk from the seafront but it's a lot easier to take the train, even if it's just one or two stations away.
Jun 2017
1:27pm, 23 Jun 2017
3,216 posts
  •  
Mazlin
Parking in Brighton is AWFUL. I went for dinner there once (arriving after work, leaving at pub closing time). Parking in one of the Churchill Square multistories cost me £28. Has anyone mentioned that parking is AWFUL? (The buses are good though.)
Jun 2017
1:28pm, 23 Jun 2017
3,217 posts
  •  
Mazlin
Also in the summer the traffic along the seafront is AWFUL. Park outside and get a train/bus/taxi/walk.
Jun 2017
11:21pm, 23 Jun 2017
1,937 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
I usually park in a side street near Withdean and get one of the buses that goes down the main road into the city centre. The park and ride bus goes round the houses a fair bit before it goes to the centre.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by unknown fetchie
Hi guys

I am going to Brighton next weekend (july 1st and 2nd)

never been before

can you pl...