Painkillers when running

2 watchers
Apr 2011
11:19pm, 13 Apr 2011
656 posts
  •  
Dirt Monkey
Diclofenac (sorry can't spell) has seen me on the straight and narrow. Again if your injured rest
Apr 2011
11:21pm, 13 Apr 2011
657 posts
  •  
Dirt Monkey
Co codamol can cause addiction in some too. It does chill you out if you have a torn something or other
Apr 2011
7:06am, 14 Apr 2011
10,175 posts
  •  
hellen
Normally I wouldn't do the painkiller thing but the nature of this prob means it is ok. Osteo said not doing damage
Have London on Sunday so just going out for 2 mile runs and trying diff things

Sounds like a trip to pharmacy in order

What is diff between para and ibo? I thought ibo was to reduce inflamation. If it is not working does that mean i don't have inflammation? Or perhaps it is not strong enough?
Apr 2011
8:13am, 14 Apr 2011
658 posts
  •  
Dirt Monkey
Ibro is an anti inflammatory that will reduce swelling which maybe the cause of certain pain. Parrots are pain maskers by stopping the pain nerve in the spine. Co codomal is an opiate that stimulates endorphins to make you feel loved up. You end upto loving pain ;-)

Wish you success in your quest. If in any doubts Google it or ring your GP.
Apr 2011
8:13am, 14 Apr 2011
659 posts
  •  
Dirt Monkey
Feminax or Naproxen could help you. Also a stronger anti inflammatory
Apr 2011
8:15am, 14 Apr 2011
8,683 posts
  •  
Pestomum
Dickofenac is a stronger anti inflam. I'd take stumpy's advice and get some medical opinions. Good luck x
Apr 2011
9:04am, 14 Apr 2011
10,177 posts
  •  
hellen
That dicko stuff is in voltarol so sounds like it could be worth a try

Visit to boots pharmacy sounds like it is needed, I assume they can tell me max doses and combinations
Apr 2011
9:11am, 14 Apr 2011
16,082 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
hellen - this is one to discuss in person with your GP.
No-one here knows what the nature and extent of the issue you are talking about - and frankly I wouldn't take an osteopath's opinion on the use of drugs to keep you running without discussing it with a medic.

And self-medicating on the say so of people on the internet falls int the same bracket
Apr 2011
9:24am, 14 Apr 2011
7,051 posts
  •  
barking
Stumpy is right. You can take inuprofen OR diclofenac OR ibu gel OR diclo gel OR naproxen. Something from that group can be taken with paracetamol OR cocodamol. Variations on all of those meds are available over the counter, stronger versions are available on prescription. Diclofenac is being withdrawn in some areas of clinical practice because of meta-analyses that show it has an increased risk profile compared to ibuprofen for no additional clinical efficiency or advantage - although I know of patients and clinicians who would dispute that.

You need to see your GP. No offence to any osteopaths or anyone else, and I am sure yours is very good, but I would want another opinion before repeatedly using analgesics to facilotate exercise while injured, and you cant be assessed or given proper advice over the inteenet. You need to be seen, assessed and if required given appropriate advice regarding safe analgesic regimes by soneone who has assesses your injury, knows your medical history and any interactions with any othet medications and can titrate any treatment appropriztely
Apr 2011
9:27am, 14 Apr 2011
7,052 posts
  •  
barking
in other words. What el bee said during the age it took me to type that badly on a mobile . . .

About This Thread

Maintained by hellen
I know it's not a good plan but osteopath said to try taking ibo and that I wouldn't be doing dama...