Pain in outer lower leg

2 watchers
May 2012
9:45pm, 2 May 2012
1,846 posts
  •  
Anna Bomb
Thanks muddy, hopefully I will do and if not I'll have fun experimenting ;-)
May 2012
9:45pm, 2 May 2012
3,828 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
:-( :-(

I had a bit of a nightmare at the Fling (can't bring myself to blog yet) and thought a few times during that day that I wouldn't do WHW. My physio is my clubmate and she is hopeful that she can help me. I have now decided to do WHW come what may as it doesn't actually hurt if I walk. I walked from Bein Glas to Tyndrum on Saturday and finished only 10 mins slower than last year so I'm thinking I could walk to FW within the 35 hour cut off if I did the same that day. I just feel it's maybe now or never for me as I might stop doing ultras altogether if I can't sort the problem.

It's such a bummer when you are building up to something so huge like WHW. I totally know how you feel right now. Got to try and stay positive :-)
May 2012
9:52pm, 2 May 2012
1,847 posts
  •  
Anna Bomb
If I don't do it this year I won't do it for a few, already decided that I'm missing out on too many local races which I'd rather do for the social side of running. Will probably stick an upper limit of 50 milers next year as I can and have done them off marathon training but nothing longer. I've spent too much time this year missing things in case I get injured and I go and get injured anyway. I could probably walk it in under 35 but I only intend on doing the WHW once and therefore want to do it to the best of my ability. Just my personal feeling and I fully understand why you want to do it this year, you've done so much more training than me on the hills.
May 2012
10:12pm, 2 May 2012
4,915 posts
  •  
flip
i'm back and i brought wine. :-)
May 2012
10:27pm, 2 May 2012
3,829 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Never brought me any wine flip ;-)

Enjoy you two and hopefully see you at Cat x

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Anna Bomb
Hoping that some knowledgeable folk may be able to cast some light on this. Googled it without much ...